Oil Boiler Replacement

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I am hoping to replace my oil boiler.

My current boiler is picture attached and inside a boiler room in house.

House is 5 bed, 3 bathroom, 3 reception 3,200 Square ft bungalow but need the option to covert upstairs at a later date. Current system has water cylinder in hotpress (which might need replacing as well) and when heating is on heats both rads and water no option for heating water or rads (would this be possible to do)

What would experience heating engineers advice and recommendations before I get quotes so I have an understanding what I need and don't get bluffed by some heating engineer giving me a quote.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, definitely possible to have separate control for heating and hot water. Do a heat loss calculation at www.heat-engineer.com to find out what size boiler you need - many installers will just chuck in what they think looks right and almost always end up with something oversized, which will be inefficient.

Would it be recommended to replace with oil boiler again or is there a greener way to upgrade the heating?

Sponsored Links
Could look at a heat pump but that's a lot more work. Hounsfield oil boilers are excellent and are also Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil (HVO) ready, which I'm sure will become the "green" fuel of choice to replace kerosene in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back