Oil boiler riello burner firing fine until i put it back in boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
my oil boiler is playing up . lots of smoke .I removed burner fitted a new nozzle same as original .It fires up fine on the bench When i put it back in boiler it cuts in and out . If i remove burner securing bolt and pull it back a little it fires up and works fine ,Its like exhaust cant escape and it is choking .
no blockages in flue .Confused !!

Sponsored Links
Hi Thanks for reply
oil pressure is 9 bar as stated on plate . checked and adjusted it slightly .Plate also says air set at .7 . which it was already at . I put my analyzer in flue and its just choking it !

You need to clean out the boiler baffles and flueways. Have you checked the flue terminal?

Sponsored Links
Hi Yes removed flue and cleaned it
removed all baffles and brushed and vacuumed .
Checked all filters including mesh one at tank.
Is it possible boiler could be clogged somewhere that i cant access ? Restricting exit of exhaust gases ?
Im a leisure vehicle tech so do a lot of work on gas but oil is an unknown to me !

Is it a indoor installed boiler, the flue gases may be diluting the air intake??

Hi sorry not with you . It has a balanced flue . So why is the fact its internal relevant? It is internal by the way. Cheers

You said 'removed flue and cleaned it', did you dismantle the whole flue??

Only one flue seal .the one on top of boiler . Its rubber and new

well i think ill stick to motorhomes and caravans :) I fitted another new nozzle exactly the same .
Then i decided to really go to town on a decoke .I obviously hadnt been thorough enough .
Still mystfied how the exhaust gases mange to get past all of those baffles and thru the condensate tubes .That was the problem muck round the serrated edges of baffles that is obviously the only way burnt gases get down to bottom of combustion space. Going well now
Every days a school day .
Thanks for all of the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back