Oil burner not firing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a oil burner on the cooker side of a Stanley cooker not firing. There is a good spark, motor runs, and the correct pressure at the oil pump. It still does not light though. I noticed as soon as the motor starts turning the fan, the pressure starts rising slowly to the correct oil pressure. I also tried replacing the solenoid, which did nothing. Any ideas would be a great help. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I don't know. If I disconnect the transformer will it still open the solenoid and spray oil? If oil is not coming out of the nozzle what problems could it be?
There is the correct pressure at pump.

Sponsored Links
What make of burner is it if it's a sterling or ecoflam check continuity down electrode leads then down the electrodes.put a magnet on the solenoid see if it fires. I would also check the lead from control box to transformer if it's ok it might be the control box.Good luck Bob.

Thank you both. Fixed it today. It was a Stanley fan flued oil cooker. The air pressure switch was blocked with soot. Learnt a lot. Stanley are a pain. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

That would make me suspect the combustion may not be set up properly.

How do you check yours?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back