Oil Burner running when turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,
My parents thought their time clock for their heating system was broken as it would stay on all the time. They started turning it off and on via the switches that are located directly beside the burner until I got the chance to replace the clock.

Anyway, I got the exact same timer and replaced it but this didnt fix the issue. In fact I removed the time clock completely from the wall and turned the burner back on and it continued working?

Any ideas on why its doing this?

Sponsored Links
Yea there is one right beside the boiler, I will get them to book a service straight away, thanks for that.

explain the fault, and maybe tell them the make of the motorised valve if you can see it, if they bring the part it will save time.

I am not a boilerman so I could be wrong, but I've had, and fixed that fault. Easy and safe when it is external to the boiler. If the valve is not old and worn out, it is sometimes enough to change the motorised head.

Sponsored Links
yes most likely to be the motorised valve, if you post a pic of it I will tell you if you can just change the actuator head or if you will have to drain the boiler and change the complete valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back