oil finish advice, please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought an Edefors solid oak table from IKEA but didn't get any of their Behandla oil. What could I use instead? Would you recommend Liberon Superior Danish Oil for this? I have some ordinary Danish oil but don't know if the Liberon would be, well, superior. Or would you recommend something else entirely?

Sponsored Links
How much wear and tear is the table going to get. If it not a kitchen table then I'd use the Liberon Danish Oil you have - we noticed very little difference between the 'Superior' version in trials.

If you're after something which is going to give more durability then I can't see far past Smith & Rodger Worktop Finish .

It acts more like a surface coating therefore giving far better protection against household chemicals.

Hope this helps

Ian

Thanks, Ian. I've put some Danish oil on (Morrells rather than Liberon, because that's what I had) and it looks excellent. It is a kitchen table though. Could I apply the worktop finish you mentioned on top of that?

Sponsored Links
Not too sure, I think you'd be better sticking with what you've used and just apply thin coats as and when you feel it needs it.

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back