Oil prices up yet again.

The answer to all our energy needs and the elimination of our reliance on Oil is the solution to the Fusion Problem (If indeed the problem is solvable). We would have an almost inexhaustible source of fuel which would relieve our need to beg to OPEC. Electricity generation would be clean and the source of fuel almost free. Imagine a small portable Fusion reactor capable of powering a car. The car could be purchased with all of the fuel it would ever need included in the purchase price and never need to fill the thing up ever again.
My only problem with Fusion is what we would do with all of the Helium the process would produce. OK it is an inert gas but great quantities of it is a pollution problem we would have to address.
Oil would become useless as a fuel and it's only use would be to make Plastics and fertilisers. Now wouldn't that be nice to tell the Arabs what to do with their product. The £100Bn this useless Government has allocated to Wind Turbines would surely be better invested in the solution to the Fusion Problem rather than putting it into a system that just does not give what we are being lead to believe it produces. Let's all hope the imminent switch on of CERN's LHC not only produces answers to the origins of the Universe but also gets us closer to the Solution to the Fusion Problem.
Renewables such as Wind power are not viable just have a read and study of http://www.windpower.org/en/stat/units.htm
Solar Power and wave Power are neither predictable or economical. The only predictable renewable is that of Tidal Power which, come rain or shine, will happen twice every day. The only problem is that it is uneconomic and environmentally unacceptable.
Now we need Joe-90 on the Fusion case, he knows everything, and CERN have never even heard of him. Joe would solve the problem in a crack!

Sponsored Links
Although I disagree with most of what Joe-90 has to say I tend to agree with the views on world oil prices!
a lot stems from the Saudis refusing to "up" production to meet current world economic demands from India and China, who have caused the surge in demand.
If we were a country with vast oil reserves wouldn't it be easy for us to bring an oil customer of ours to their knees?? By Saudi Arabia (and Russia) not increasing production they can destroy our fragile oil dependant economies in the West.
We will have to go nuclear in our power stations as well because we use too much energy with our "toys" to do it the green way!!

Agree with Megawatt.
Fuel clipped about 10% of my weekly wage back in the eighties.
I find it lower today (about 7%) so don't see what the problem is. :D

Whilst we're going through a tough phase of oil price rises it has happened before, it will happen again and the World will still keep on spinning the same speed as it always has despite Joe's constant bleating.

Give it up Josef nobody's listening or even gives a f***

You must be a real barrel of laughs to live with.

MW

Sponsored Links
Agree with Megawatt.
Fuel clipped about 10% of my weekly wage back in the eighties.
I find it lower today (about 7%) so don't see what the problem is. :D
Problem is we are running out of oil and sure as day follows night you and me with all feel the strain it will bring in the future.
Like the Iraq war, the best option for oil is to invade and seize what they own in the name of democracy! :evil:

Rich people won't feel any strain at all?

They will, because as society becomes more chaotic and chav's with guns jumping over their high walls in the middle of the night would be a strain!
Its alright to be rich, but if you live next door to thousands of unemployed people it would affect you!
Social stability is closely linked to the wealth or poverty of its people living in it. Guess gated communities and CCTV would be more profitable for sparks??

Whilst we're going through a tough phase of oil price rises it has happened before, it will happen again and the World will still keep on spinning the same speed as it always has despite Joe's constant bleating.

Give it up Josef nobody's listening or even gives a f***

You must be a real barrel of laughs to live with.

MW

Give me the year that demand has exceeded supply before. There isn't one. We are heading into uncharted waters - and it won't be pretty. Neither will it ever get any better. Sooner or later there will be an event that plunges us all into chaos. It may be Israel bombing Iran and Iran blockading the gulf.

It may be that one or more of the major oilfields runs dry (as they all will eventually).

Head in the sand might be the limit of your intellect, but that doesn't apply to all of us.

No body interested in The Fusion Solution then?.
Even this one has the 'All Knowing Joe-90' well and truly f****d, or for once in his life will he admit to being beaten?

Problem is we are running out of oil
I don't think so :!:

In my childhood days I can remember reading over the years we are running out of oil and 30yrs later why have we still got oil :!: These predictions never came true and it's very hard to prove

We are using 87 million barrels of oil a day and you don't think it will ever run out?

Anyway that isn't the problem. The problem is that we cannot get oil out of the ground faster than we already are doing for geological reasons.

If we could we would have to build new oil refineries to refine it.

Demand. however, will continue to rise and rise.

So where's the oil coming from?

No body interested in The Fusion Solution then?.
Even this one has the 'All Knowing Joe-90' well and truly f****d, or for once in his life will he admit to being beaten?

It isn't a solution. It may never be practicable. It's not even gone into the test phase yet. Earliest expected reactors (should it ever work) is around 2050. (ten to nine to you).

About a week ago it was $139 a barrel.

Today it is $146.

If it keeps rising the whole of the Western economies will collapse.

It's a mathematical certainty that we will have a recession - maybe even a depression.

But the really bad news is - that it will never end in yours or your children's lifetimes.

Joe, you have not seen anything yet I suspect by winter we should be hovering another $5.00 increase in heating oil plus all the related taxes as the tax increases help pay for the ones coming into countries seeking "entitlements"

The USA has enough oil /gas/ coal ,wind and sun to be self sustaining BUT then if the oil is brought up from American soil think of all the people who will be unemployed.

The drillers in foreign countries will then come here looking to work.

The shipping industry, builders,insurance companies, sailors will now be unemployable

By increasing prices they force smart contractors to heap extra large profits as greed makes the civilized world go around.

Here is how any trade or anyone who uses a car / truck for a living makes a wind fall profit.

I spoke to the owners of my plumbing supplies last year as he was complaining about gas prices almost doubling I said isn't that GREAT he looked at me dumbfounded.

I said listen this is a money maker as I charge for gasoline as materials for my gasoline water jetters and no one is stupid enough to sell materials for the same price they pay for it correct?

So if I buy gasoline for $5.00 per gallon I make it up 15% and there is more profit

Everyone wins as I charge tax on materials thus the government gets to double and triple their tax revenue to help support other give away programs to people coming here for a visit and stay a few decades.

They charge me several taxes (state, city, Federal and some others I forgot) on fuel I charge sales tax on it thus the government gets to charge me again thus making much more on fuel in taxes then the poor blokes who work taking it out of the earth.

We Americans fought a war "taxation without representation" Boston Tea party ETC

BUT if one sneaks a tax on gasoline and the public act like sheep to the slaughter so be it.

In the mean time Al gore has several BIG Suv's and his fuel bill is 10 times the average Americans and he won a Nobel prize because of his global warming which I am sure he contributed at least 5%

So my supplier called me Tuesday and sent over a gift telling me he decided to add deliver surcharge of $35 per call .

He kept a record and found he is averaging over $600 profit per tankful of fuel

Imagine doing repair work and most of your accounts are with in a 10 mile radius you do 5 calls a day at your normal billing rate of say $175 per hr plus parts and then add in a $10 FUEL SUR CHARGE

My fleet of vans have 36 gallon tanks and my average is 5 miles per gallon.

Most of my calls are with in a 2 mile area, If I drive out of the area there is an additional charge (traveling times and ADDED fuel charge)

In other words a tank of fuel that would cost $166.00 One could quite easily make double this on the surcharges.

I cannot take all the credit myself I learned this type of mathematics from my government.

In 1984 I bought brand a Mercedes 560 SEL list price was $125,000 I paid in excess of $158,00

Then they added a "gas guzzler tax" and a luxury car tax and then added all the taxes and put the sales tax on top another 8% TAXING taxes

I thought to myself what a wonderful idea as I know when I paid 5 cents for a copper ell I marked it up 10%

Now the same fitting cost 50 cents and I still mark it up 10%

The Gas increases and the copper prices and the lead and other products going up in price just makes lots of regular citizens a lot richer.

The more I make the more my taxes increase and I am doing my part to feed a family of 5 or 6 plus with my tax money I am able to give the new comers into this country a chance of the good life with FREE medical which cost me $1,400 per month and many get free food and baby clothes plus because of my generous support in taxes these new visitors do not have to pay any tax when they work

This is a terrific politically correct one world order and complaining how much fuel cost is just not cricket as your not contributing YOUR FAIR SHARE to give people decent housing and phones and cars to drive and flat screen TV's After all just because you work does not mean your better then someone leaching off your hard earned money.

(SEE WHY THEY TOOK AWAY YOUR GUNS as an unstable person may want to change the governments policies)

Now when they start setting Quota's of who is to work, that sir is another problem that we faced in the 1970's and it like most government ideas fell flat on its face costing billions in lost revenue.

The biggest depression is coming as food prices soar (you need fuel to run a tractor) and riots take over big cities as people demand more entitlements as they invade each country and as the populations increase.

Wait as people start having food riots as they cannot drink fuel and the fishing fleet is grounded as it cannot afford the gasoline to go out and net fish and then the same rioters will still demand better housing and want to be kept warm in the winter and cool in the sumer and the governments sit back collecting more taxes as a politicians salary has nothing to do with the incompetence or how much they steal or have no moral values opps I am not speaking just about the Clinton's

I cannot imagine how any politician can vote an increase in pension or wages as they drive the world into a rescission that will cost millions of lives STOCK UP ON FOOD as the prices should rise faster and higher then fuel

If you think a liter of gas is expensive try buying a liter of tooth paste.
It is all relative .. Joe I suggest you go out and get a gun so you possibly can not only hunt for food but protect your self and your family when the world goes totally insane.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK END

Sponsored Links
Back