Oil prices up yet again.

Sylvan Tieger wrote

and my average is 5 miles per gallon.

My VW Transporter does over 40 mpg. :D
If you yanks would buy sensible vehicles that don't need a fuel bowser following behind then the oil will probably last well into the next century and beyond.

Sponsored Links
Sylvan Tieger wrote

and my average is 5 miles per gallon.

My VW Transporter does over 40 mpg. :D
If you yanks would buy sensible vehicles that don't need a fuel bowser folowing behind then the oil will probably last well into the next century and beyond.

LOL! :D :D :D

5% of the population using 25% of its resources. Hope they go bust.

About a week ago it was $139 a barrel.

Today it is $146.

If it keeps rising the whole of the Western economies will collapse.

It's a mathematical certainty that we will have a recession - maybe even a depression.

But the really bad news is - that it will never end in yours or your children's lifetimes.

Joe, you have not seen anything yet I suspect by winter we should be hovering another $5.00 increase in heating oil plus all the related taxes as the tax increases help pay for the ones coming into countries seeking "entitlements"

The USA has enough oil /gas/ coal ,wind and sun to be self sustaining BUT then if the oil is brought up from American soil think of all the people who will be unemployed.

The drillers in foreign countries will then come here looking to work.

The shipping industry, builders,insurance companies, sailors will now be unemployable

By increasing prices they force smart contractors to heap extra large profits as greed makes the civilized world go around.

Here is how any trade or anyone who uses a car / truck for a living makes a wind fall profit.

I spoke to the owners of my plumbing supplies last year as he was complaining about gas prices almost doubling I said isn't that GREAT he looked at me dumbfounded.

I said listen this is a money maker as I charge for gasoline as materials for my gasoline water jetters and no one is stupid enough to sell materials for the same price they pay for it correct?

So if I buy gasoline for $5.00 per gallon I make it up 15% and there is more profit

Everyone wins as I charge tax on materials thus the government gets to double and triple their tax revenue to help support other give away programs to people coming here for a visit and stay a few decades.

They charge me several taxes (state, city, Federal and some others I forgot) on fuel I charge sales tax on it thus the government gets to charge me again thus making much more on fuel in taxes then the poor blokes who work taking it out of the earth.

We Americans fought a war "taxation without representation" Boston Tea party ETC

BUT if one sneaks a tax on gasoline and the public act like sheep to the slaughter so be it.

In the mean time Al gore has several BIG Suv's and his fuel bill is 10 times the average Americans and he won a Nobel prize because of his global warming which I am sure he contributed at least 5%

So my supplier called me Tuesday and sent over a gift telling me he decided to add deliver surcharge of $35 per call .

He kept a record and found he is averaging over $600 profit per tankful of fuel

Imagine doing repair work and most of your accounts are with in a 10 mile radius you do 5 calls a day at your normal billing rate of say $175 per hr plus parts and then add in a $10 FUEL SUR CHARGE

My fleet of vans have 36 gallon tanks and my average is 5 miles per gallon.

Most of my calls are with in a 2 mile area, If I drive out of the area there is an additional charge (traveling times and ADDED fuel charge)

In other words a tank of fuel that would cost $166.00 One could quite easily make double this on the surcharges.

I cannot take all the credit myself I learned this type of mathematics from my government.

In 1984 I bought brand a Mercedes 560 SEL list price was $125,000 I paid in excess of $158,00

Then they added a "gas guzzler tax" and a luxury car tax and then added all the taxes and put the sales tax on top another 8% TAXING taxes

I thought to myself what a wonderful idea as I know when I paid 5 cents for a copper ell I marked it up 10%

Now the same fitting cost 50 cents and I still mark it up 10%

The Gas increases and the copper prices and the lead and other products going up in price just makes lots of regular citizens a lot richer.

The more I make the more my taxes increase and I am doing my part to feed a family of 5 or 6 plus with my tax money I am able to give the new comers into this country a chance of the good life with FREE medical which cost me $1,400 per month and many get free food and baby clothes plus because of my generous support in taxes these new visitors do not have to pay any tax when they work

This is a terrific politically correct one world order and complaining how much fuel cost is just not cricket as your not contributing YOUR FAIR SHARE to give people decent housing and phones and cars to drive and flat screen TV's After all just because you work does not mean your better then someone leaching off your hard earned money.

(SEE WHY THEY TOOK AWAY YOUR GUNS as an unstable person may want to change the governments policies)

Now when they start setting Quota's of who is to work, that sir is another problem that we faced in the 1970's and it like most government ideas fell flat on its face costing billions in lost revenue.

The biggest depression is coming as food prices soar (you need fuel to run a tractor) and riots take over big cities as people demand more entitlements as they invade each country and as the populations increase.

Wait as people start having food riots as they cannot drink fuel and the fishing fleet is grounded as it cannot afford the gasoline to go out and net fish and then the same rioters will still demand better housing and want to be kept warm in the winter and cool in the sumer and the governments sit back collecting more taxes as a politicians salary has nothing to do with the incompetence or how much they steal or have no moral values opps I am not speaking just about the Clinton's

I cannot imagine how any politician can vote an increase in pension or wages as they drive the world into a rescission that will cost millions of lives STOCK UP ON FOOD as the prices should rise faster and higher then fuel

If you think a liter of gas is expensive try buying a liter of tooth paste.
It is all relative .. Joe I suggest you go out and get a gun so you possibly can not only hunt for food but protect your self and your family when the world goes totally insane.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK END

nice post :D

Sponsored Links
About a week ago it was $139 a barrel.

Today it is $146.

If it keeps rising the whole of the Western economies will collapse.

It's a mathematical certainty that we will have a recession - maybe even a depression.

But the really bad news is - that it will never end in yours or your children's lifetimes.

Joe, you have not seen anything yet I suspect by winter we should be hovering another $5.00 increase in heating oil plus all the related taxes as the tax increases help pay for the ones coming into countries seeking "entitlements"

The USA has enough oil /gas/ coal ,wind and sun to be self sustaining BUT then if the oil is brought up from American soil think of all the people who will be unemployed.

The drillers in foreign countries will then come here looking to work.

The shipping industry, builders,insurance companies, sailors will now be unemployable

By increasing prices they force smart contractors to heap extra large profits as greed makes the civilized world go around.

Here is how any trade or anyone who uses a car / truck for a living makes a wind fall profit.

I spoke to the owners of my plumbing supplies last year as he was complaining about gas prices almost doubling I said isn't that GREAT he looked at me dumbfounded.

I said listen this is a money maker as I charge for gasoline as materials for my gasoline water jetters and no one is stupid enough to sell materials for the same price they pay for it correct?

So if I buy gasoline for $5.00 per gallon I make it up 15% and there is more profit

Everyone wins as I charge tax on materials thus the government gets to double and triple their tax revenue to help support other give away programs to people coming here for a visit and stay a few decades.

They charge me several taxes (state, city, Federal and some others I forgot) on fuel I charge sales tax on it thus the government gets to charge me again thus making much more on fuel in taxes then the poor blokes who work taking it out of the earth.

We Americans fought a war "taxation without representation" Boston Tea party ETC

BUT if one sneaks a tax on gasoline and the public act like sheep to the slaughter so be it.

In the mean time Al gore has several BIG Suv's and his fuel bill is 10 times the average Americans and he won a Nobel prize because of his global warming which I am sure he contributed at least 5%

So my supplier called me Tuesday and sent over a gift telling me he decided to add deliver surcharge of $35 per call .

He kept a record and found he is averaging over $600 profit per tankful of fuel

Imagine doing repair work and most of your accounts are with in a 10 mile radius you do 5 calls a day at your normal billing rate of say $175 per hr plus parts and then add in a $10 FUEL SUR CHARGE

My fleet of vans have 36 gallon tanks and my average is 5 miles per gallon.

Most of my calls are with in a 2 mile area, If I drive out of the area there is an additional charge (traveling times and ADDED fuel charge)

In other words a tank of fuel that would cost $166.00 One could quite easily make double this on the surcharges.

I cannot take all the credit myself I learned this type of mathematics from my government.

In 1984 I bought brand a Mercedes 560 SEL list price was $125,000 I paid in excess of $158,00

Then they added a "gas guzzler tax" and a luxury car tax and then added all the taxes and put the sales tax on top another 8% TAXING taxes

I thought to myself what a wonderful idea as I know when I paid 5 cents for a copper ell I marked it up 10%

Now the same fitting cost 50 cents and I still mark it up 10%

The Gas increases and the copper prices and the lead and other products going up in price just makes lots of regular citizens a lot richer.

The more I make the more my taxes increase and I am doing my part to feed a family of 5 or 6 plus with my tax money I am able to give the new comers into this country a chance of the good life with FREE medical which cost me $1,400 per month and many get free food and baby clothes plus because of my generous support in taxes these new visitors do not have to pay any tax when they work

This is a terrific politically correct one world order and complaining how much fuel cost is just not cricket as your not contributing YOUR FAIR SHARE to give people decent housing and phones and cars to drive and flat screen TV's After all just because you work does not mean your better then someone leaching off your hard earned money.

(SEE WHY THEY TOOK AWAY YOUR GUNS as an unstable person may want to change the governments policies)

Now when they start setting Quota's of who is to work, that sir is another problem that we faced in the 1970's and it like most government ideas fell flat on its face costing billions in lost revenue.

The biggest depression is coming as food prices soar (you need fuel to run a tractor) and riots take over big cities as people demand more entitlements as they invade each country and as the populations increase.

Wait as people start having food riots as they cannot drink fuel and the fishing fleet is grounded as it cannot afford the gasoline to go out and net fish and then the same rioters will still demand better housing and want to be kept warm in the winter and cool in the sumer and the governments sit back collecting more taxes as a politicians salary has nothing to do with the incompetence or how much they steal or have no moral values opps I am not speaking just about the Clinton's

I cannot imagine how any politician can vote an increase in pension or wages as they drive the world into a rescission that will cost millions of lives STOCK UP ON FOOD as the prices should rise faster and higher then fuel

If you think a liter of gas is expensive try buying a liter of tooth paste.
It is all relative .. Joe I suggest you go out and get a gun so you possibly can not only hunt for food but protect your self and your family when the world goes totally insane.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK END

nice post :D

I agree. :LOL:

It isn't a solution. It may never be practicable. It's not even gone into the test phase yet. Earliest expected reactors (should it ever work) is around 2050. (ten to nine to you).

Sorry Joe - It IS the only solution (should it ever work) we may have to remove our reliance on oil as an energy source.
If it doesn't work,(which is very likely) then at this point in time, when Oil runs out there is nothing to replace it to supply our energy needs/desires.
Fusion not being in the test phase highlights the fusion problem. I fear it will be one of those processes which will require more energy input to produce fusion than energy gained from the process. Rather like wind power I guess,ie more energy consumed in producing the monstrcities than all the energy they will ever generate.
Our only hope is that millions of stars manage fusion with net energy gain, all we need to do is unlock the secret.

We need the energy TODAY not in 50 years time (should it ever work and so far it looks like a non-starter).

Megawatt says there is a new type of energy ready to take over but he won't say what it is.

Even if fusion worked - how would that give us fertilizer, pesticides, plastics etc? How could it ever be made portable? Hydrogen from water? How big a plant would that take for a modern world?

More Joe-90 Lies:
Megawatt says there is a new type of energy ready to take over but he won't say what it is.
Now you are simply resorting to posting lies in true Joe-90 fashion.

I have said, on numerous occasions, that I believe scientists will discover a new form of power to replace oil ... I have also said, on equal numbers of occasions, that I have no idea what it will be nor, I doubt, does anyone else here on a DIY forum.

I have NEVER said that I know what it is ... Try posting facts once it a while Joe, people may be more inclined to read what you post that way rather than ridiculing you.

Head in the sand might be the limit of your intellect, but that doesn't apply to all of us.
Coming from the same individual who believes there will NEVER be a replacement for oil and that we should give up all hope of trying to find one this is truly hilarious :rolleyes:

MW

Time's running out mate. In the last year when I've predicted this coming shortage you've laughed about it. Thing is, oil has doubled in price since that time. If it doubles again - our entire economy will collapse - and that's not just opinion - that's fact.

So where is this new energy? Fusion? It would take 50 years to get things set up - and we haven't even got 50 months. Not only that it would be a hopeless replacement. Over to you.

Where there's a grant - there's an organisation to claim it.

It's DEMAND exceeding SUPPLY.

Why can't you grasp that?

Where there's a grant - there's an organisation to claim it.

It's DEMAND exceeding SUPPLY.

Why can't you grasp that?

no its not its speculation on the money markets by investors turning to it that has upped the price. If it was running out now, then why can opec increase production at the drop of a hat.

i hope your pc runs on oil if it is running out! :LOL:

We used to have 10 oil refineries in the UK and we now have 7 refineries left because building more refineries is not cost effective as petrol profit margins is wafer thin, we in the UK have the cheapest petrol in the world so it's pointless because it would cheaper to have petrol all ready made up and shipped over here from the Middle East. I think the answer would be to build more refinery in the Middle East(?) A lot of people do waste fuel on unneccessary travelling and the only way to slow the demand down is to put the price up, but will people learn from this?

I would also reduce the maximum speed limit to 55mph from 70mph to make it more encomical and will the Government do this, no because they will get less money. It is very political & complicated

You can only speculate on a commodity in short supply. No-one speculates on sand or pea gravel.

OPEC cannot increase output like that. We can get a certain amount to the surface but thats all. It isn't an underground lake you know.

Sponsored Links
Back