oil smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
problem is the boiler smels of oil or it maybe fumes, its worst when its hot, we got gas in the house but someone disided to put an oil boiler and it smells rotton, id like to get it converted to gas because it would be cheaper than getting a new one. where do I go to get it converted to gas or would it be cheaper to stop it smelling like it does

Sponsored Links
not 100 percent sure on this but i find it unlikely you can convert the boiler to gas, gas and oil do not use the same types of burner. you could poss get the boiler moved to an outside compartment (not really worth the hassle) get a nice new gas boiler (get lots of quotes) or buy lots of air freshener . :)

You wont be able to convert it.
When was it last serviced?

i did get a quote for a service about 4 years ago and thougt it was too much so i didnt bother, thats why i wanted to know if it could be converted

Sponsored Links
"I did get a quote for a service about 4 years ago and thougt it was too much so i didnt bother, thats why i wanted to know if it could be converted"!

Come! That's why it smells! Either get it serviced (around £35 - £60) or install a new gas boiler (£500 - £1000 + labour £500 - £1000).

no brainer!

whether it be oil or gas it needs servicing.

you had a quote four years ago so how long ago was it serviced. your lucky the thing is still running!!!

at the end of the day its your choice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back