Oil v Gas Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I may well be moving soon, some of the properties I have are oil central heating as they are in rural locations.
I am aware of the price increase in oil over gas, but what I was interested in knowing, is things like the cost of repair/replacement & are there many heating engineers who are gas competent.

Any pros & cons appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I may well be moving soon, some of the properties I have are oil central heating as they are in rural locations.
I am aware of the price increase in oil over gas, but what I was interested in knowing, is things like the cost of repair/replacement & are there many heating engineers who are gas competent.

How long is a piece of string?.

How long is a piece of string?.
==========
Now what a helpful reply..
The piece of string (wasnt aware that was a heating eng. tool) could be 1 month or 6 months...I think the answer will remain the same.

Nobody can predict how oil prices will change, even in the short term. There seems to have been some very blatant profiteering this winter.

Oil has generally been more expensive than natural gas as a fuel since October 1973, when the oil price quadrupled or thereabouts in a few months. There was a period in the mid 80's when oil was cheaper.

Rather than worrying about the relative price of fuel, look at ways of reducing consumption. First is better thermal insulation, then a more efficient boiler, then better controls, including weather compensation.

This has been the norm on the Continent for decades now.

Sponsored Links
OP instead of critisising the replies to your post try reading the post again ...it really does not make much sense!! are you asking about maintaining & repairing OIL systems? because you then ask about GAS engineers at the end???

you will get a better response if you think about what you want to ask, write concisely nad cut the attitude! :rolleyes:

Dunno about running costs But IMHO oil fired boilers are more reliable than gas !

Unless of course you have one of those tacky worcestor greenstar boilers fitted :)

Dunno about running costs But IMHO oil fired boilers are more reliable than gas !

Unless of course you have one of those tacky worcestor greenstar boilers fitted :)

Thanks thats the sort of reply I was looking for.
-------

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back