oilman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have just spoken to oftec insurance people they were quite willing to cover commercial work
I said it would be about 10% of my work just guessed as you do

got a general quote of 240.00

hope this helps

Brian

Sponsored Links
"Commercial" is not a problem, it's "industrial" that difficult to get cover for. Exactly what did the insurers say they'd cover? and you will need it in writing. This is a worse than a leaking tank.

I asked what they would cover
they said hotels blah blah domestic

then i asked about industial units she went of and checked asked what percentage of this type of work would i be doing when i said about 10% she checked again and agreed that they would add that cover on

ok, do I understand correctly then. You are insured with Zurich? and the premium for industrial cover is £240? Or are you insured with a.n.other, and the premium includes industrial at £240.

I want to follow this up as I think I must be paying too much for inferior cover. Do we need a TV prog, "Insurers from hell"? :D:

Sponsored Links
right

I phoned number from the oftec site the cover they offered me was as yours plus industrial as long as not more than 10% of my work was industrial and they quoted to be exact £232.85

give them a call

as you know insurance from them is based on wages and how much cover you want 22,000 per year wages 1 million insurance cover

i just went for there standard quotation this will be adjusted when i look how much i have earnt this year.

the point is if you ask them they will give industrial cover :D

Thanks for that, I've now got industrial cover :D

Great hope you dont live near norfolk or we will have to have a trade war
lol :evil: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back