Ok ...Hanging & Capital punishment

Capital punishment for or against

• Hell yes

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Oh No

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A happy medium would seem to be permanent solitary incarceration with zero contact with anyone form the outside world other than carefully and closely monitored professionals (via recorded telephones) discussing specific facets relating to the case in hand or other lines of potential useful enquiry such as knowledge of other offences.

Sponsored Links
FFS. You cannot have it both ways.
Don't be stupid. If you caught someone trying to kill or rape one of your family you would be entirely justified in killing him by whatever means possible.

FFS. You cannot have it both ways.
Don't be stupid. If you caught someone trying to kill or rape one of your family you would be entirely justified in killing him by whatever means possible.
Just for the sake of argument, suppose it was your son/daughter who was the offender. Would you thing it fair or proportionate that he was killed in the manner to which you allude?

Sponsored Links
Just for the sake of argument, suppose it was your son/daughter who was the offender. Would you thing it fair or proportionate that he was killed in the manner to which you allude?

I've given this one a lot of thought for years.

They would have to go.

A happy medium would seem to be permanent solitary incarceration with zero contact with anyone form the outside world other than carefully and closely monitored professionals (via recorded telephones) discussing specific facets relating to the case in hand or other lines of potential useful enquiry such as knowledge of other offences.

Unless they are issued with a copy of the TV Times, comfy chair and nibbles, this will be classed as gratuitous torture in secure and Uri's book.

:LOL: :LOL:

This is the reason we have the system set in place as it is now. Every case is different and should be treated as such, That's why tariffs are set for murders and the judge has the option to send it to the home secretary recommending a whole life tariff.

I don't understand what your argument is. We know all this.

Ok. What would you want done with Huntley for example.??????
Death, or a life of relatively segregated luxury.????

I'm happy with the whole life tariff he has, he will die in prison. Do you even have a clue how lifers live in prison? Not the life of luxury you believe..

So if I murder the man next door, someone murders a child and someone murders an old man who sets the standard for who hangs..?

I'm happy with the whole life tariff he has, he will die in prison.

Marvellous.

So, for example........... someone tortures, abuses, rapes, then kills 'anyone's' young daughter (or son), They deserve food, water, tv, conversational fantasy time with like minded f*ckwits.
Medication, free dentistry, fitness programs, rehabilitation workshops................ The list is endless.

God forbid you were ever in the situation to feel disgusted and let down by the system if it was your daughter.

Explain to me where the justice is.

Hang 'em peaps.

Marvellous.

So, for example........... someone tortures, abuses, rapes, then kills 'anyone's' young daughter (or son), They deserve food, water, tv, conversational fantasy time with like minded f*ckwits.
Medication, free dentistry, fitness programs, rehabilitation workshops................ The list is endless.

I have been locked in the same cell with a few murderers in my life and I've come to know many more. It's not the luxury you imagine. And yes I would hope they spend most if not all their life in prison, hanging is the easy way out....

God forbid you were ever in the situation to feel disgusted and let down by the system if it was your daughter.

Explain to me where the justice is.

Hang 'em peaps.

I wouldn't feel let down but I'm sure I would want them dead dead at some point but that would be raw emotion and to be expected if it was a family member.

I wouldn't feel let down but I'm sure I would want them dead dead at some point but that would be raw emotion and to be expected if it was a family member.

Yes you would feel let down.
But what you're really saying is, Someone else's problem until it happens to you.

no point talking about it whilst we're a member of the EU, against the ECHR and a condition of EU membership.

No point talking about it anyway - it'll never happen.

Yes you would feel let down.

No I wouldn't be let down because I believe prison is the best way to punish.

But what you're really saying is, Someone else's problem until it happens to you.

No, the problem is addressed by the law, I'm satisfied with the way our system works with murderers.

Sponsored Links
Back