Ok ...Hanging & Capital punishment

Capital punishment for or against

• Hell yes

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Oh No

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its been done before on this forum a thousand times but I've just voted no.
You have to ask yourself if someone tortured one of your family in a most heinous way and then killed them, could you pull the hangmans lever?
It takes a special kind of man to pull the hangmans lever, Albert Pierrpoint in his memoirs said hanging never stopped a murder.
But it stopped the guilty of doing it again.

Sponsored Links
We should go back to public hangings. Dangle them from the prison walls.
That would make any would be murderers think twice.

I can't believe the result of the poll.

What chance has the decent man, woman and child got.

The future seems bleak. :cry:

Yeah. Anyone would think that someone had tampered with it. ;)

Sponsored Links
At least I can sleep well tonight knowing '90' tampered with the poll, rather than sensible decency is a thing of the past. :D

I remember reading an article by an English journalist who was against capital punishment who went to an execution in America where two sets of parents went to witness the execution of their childrens torturer and murderer.

The conclusion of the journalists article was the two sets of parents were both quietly weeping, no joy at what just taken place, there was sadness and a feeling that justice had been done.

It's well documented that it costs more to execute someone than to keep them in prison for life. The lawyers get rich though. ;)

More troll speak dunno how you came off my ignore list don't bother replying your back on it, your posts aren't worth reading.

Dunno why you bothered replying. I guess you don't like the truth eh? What a weirdo you are. Thank fook I'm back on it. :rolleyes:

What's the point in keeping serial killers alive?
What use are they?

They will never be released into society again, so why pay for their upkeep for years in a comfy cell.

Huntley, another example, Why keep him alive as a constant disgusting reminder to the parents and family, let alone the general public.

Hang 'em.

To study them. If we can find that serial killing, or paedophilia is due to genetics or chemical imbalances we can find a test to run on people each year and give preventative treatment. If we could test a new born child, find that genetically he is likely to be a paedophile, why not cure him there and then.

Prevention is the better long term option, and to prevent the causes of crime prevents crime itself.

The majority of crimes are committed by illiterate people from backgrounds of poverty and abuse. We should be tackling these as a society, not killing people because it is wrong to kill people, not seeking revenge after the fact, not by ignoring the socially immoral but studying them and looking to solve the problems of the future. Killing is wasteful no matter who does it.

So a perv rapes and murders a 10year kid, you're happy he's back on the street in 10years to rape and kill another kid.

There's a survey somewhere (must see if I can find it) that says something like 80-90% re-offend.

I am not saying we release him unless we can cure him. If he is not responsible for his actions then he is a victim too. At the m oment we cannot cure them, so at the moment I say don't release them. But do not kill them, study them, see what makes them do what they do.

The system and bleeding hearts have resulted in 1000s of preventable innocent victims.

When life means life, It may agree although unlikely.

You say due to genetic or chemical imbalance, that can't be changed with anything less than a strong rope.

I am saying if it can be changed it should be changed. In order to change it we need to study it. If we can stop potential murderers and rapists through medicine/psychology before they even commit the crime, surely that is more beneficial than waiting for someone to be the victim so we can hang the guilty.

Prevention is better than cure.

If an teenager knows he will get life, maybe 50 plus years locked up, is a good deterrent. could even practice and experiment on them for a laugh, I mean to find a cure.

I am not saying we release him unless we can cure him.

Cure for paedophiles, cut their manhood off, then cut their hands off too. Cured !!!
If he is not responsible for his actions then he is a victim too..

Time and time again, this has been the stock excuse for paedophiles in court. Strange how nowadays the guilty party is portrayed as the victim and is then afforded more rights than the real victim.

Sponsored Links
Back