Old Calculators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Itemid,31
Can anyone remember using the addimult mechanical calculator? it had addition on one side and subtraction on t'other.
Wish i'd kept mine.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure it could if you could spend the time with it ;)

Never came across this but had a look at it just now via Google. Looks quite modern in design - when was it in circulation?

Sponsored Links
we used them in school around 60's they could be earlier though?

i can remember them in the 70s. i can also remember the first electronic one with the display that was done in lights (sort of) rather than lcd

i can remember them in the 70s. i can also remember the first electronic one with the display that was done in lights (sort of) rather than lcd
LEDS what you're looking for? ;)

thats the thingies! buit i remember the handheld version of them though

More than thirty years ago I had a pupil who carried an abacus around with him and was allowed to 'play' with it in most classes every day for his entire secondary school career. I think he might have enjoyed the addimult more had it been available in our school. He went on to become a motor mechanic but how he managed the theory, I havn't a clue.

More than thirty years ago I had a pupil who carried an abacus around with him and was allowed to 'play' with it in most classes every day for his entire secondary school career. I think he might have enjoyed the addimult more had it been available in our school. He went on to become a motor mechanic but how he managed the theory, I havn't a clue.
Cant remember how i got mine, it may have been a government initiative in schools at the time? I remember us all getting one,perhaps mum had to pay for it?

I still use my Electronic Digital Binary Calculator.

binarycalc.gif

Sponsored Links
Back