Old flat and no knowledge of wiring

Well who'da thought it, it works!

I pulled the oven out and had a look at my handiwork, which seemed fine, but the connections coming from the wall into the cooker connection point looked a bit tarnished, so I gave them a good sand down and reconnected them. I then checked again with the multimetre and couldn't get any reading from the cooker switch/wall socket to the neutral cable, so I opened up the cooker switch, and as I did so a slightly singed neutral cable popped out of the connection in the back of the socket. In fact both neutral and live cables weren't screwed in well, so I cleaned them up, screwed them back in as tight as poss, and put everything back together.

And lo and behold......it all worked, and my garlic bread tasted sooo much better after having to wait 3 weeks to cook it.

So thanks to all you guys. It's well nice to have learnt a bit rather than let someone else charge me for the pleasure.

Cheers all,

Wij.

Sponsored Links
Glad to here it all came good in the end..
happy cooking.
regards M.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back