old meat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When house extension got done, we lost power supply to the garage.
I got a built in freezer in new kitchen and my 6ft chest freezer became redundant.
It came into the house whilst work was being done on the garage and gradually I used everything up in it.... well almost.
One day when electricians were doing their stuff, they went round unplugging everything. I forgot to plug freezer back in.

I forgot about it for weeks.

Hubby put it back into garage now that power has been restored.As he was manouevering it, the lid opened and almost killed him.

I had left some lamb in it :oops: :oops: :oops:

It stunk.... vile putrid awful stomach turning foul smell.

The only way to clean it out was by hand, soaking up the putrid water and meat.
I couldnt do it.
I tried but I was actually sick.

Poor hubby... he did it but he had to strip in the garage because I could smell it on his clothes.

God... its totally clean now but the smell is still there!!!!

Any ideas what I can do?

Sponsored Links
Bicarbonate of soda is supposed to be good.

joe

what do you do, mix it with a little water or sprinkle it in and leave it for a days?

Toffee, for once Joe is right. Go to the chemists and buy a big box of bicarb (cheaper than supermarket) and sprinkle it all inside the freezer. Leave the door closed for a few days and then hoover it out. Smell should have gone.

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
what do you do, mix it with a little water or sprinkle it in and leave it for a days?

Yes, just make it coatable. Simply leaving the lid off will clear it eventually. Any bleach will work too. Best of the lot is the stuff you steralise bottles with. It's called Sodium metabisulphate.

joe

thank you both.

I dont think I have ever smelt anything as horrible in my life.

The ones you sleep with? Might be Brightness actually, memories not what it was. Snivelling little spaniel type things dribbling saliva everywhere.

ooo.. preparing to take cover!! :LOL:

Brightness's babes sneak into her bed and snore!

Mine sleep outside in a big straw bed. (As they do slaver )

keyplayer said:
The ones you sleep with? Might be Brightness actually, memories not what it was. Snivelling little spaniel type things dribbling saliva everywhere.

Cheeky s_d ! My dogs are pure bred spaniels and not 'Snivelling little spaniel type things' - they also do not dribble saliva everywhere .

Only one of them sleeps in my room and he has his own bed by my side. At least he knows he's loved and is not abused or starved like some poor dogs.

Keyplayer, do you sleep in a bed? You seem to be a snivelling little thing that dribbles poison everywhere.....

Stupid boy. Maybe I should borrow my neighbours 12 stone rottie guard dog and send him round your way. He adores women but absolutely detests men mwahahahaha

Then you'd find out what 'dribbling saliva everywhere' was all about as he drooled in anticipation of a chunk of your leg :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Send him round, I just let my house out to a family of Koreans who look like they good do with a good meal. Send yours round too, make a good starter.

Sponsored Links
Back