Old School Distribution Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Im switching 2 distribution boxes in my house to a HAGER 12 way box. But the previous db was a wylex board which had breakers that (you push in a button) and when it trips the button pops out. But im having problems finding out the valuye of the breakers i.e. 6/10/20/32amp etc etc
They have different colour buttons. blue etc etc
Can anyone help me please

Sponsored Links
if you look carefully you will see numbers embossed on the front of each breaker.

but

white = lighting 5A
blue = immersion 15A
yellow (rare) = radial 20A
red = socket rings, cookers 30A
Orange (rare) = some showers, big cookers 40A

you mean this sort

5865_2.JPG

top fella john,

I have looked close but not to much detail but the kitchen is getting ripped out tomorrow so i'll be able to have a look then.

While im there im gonna change the earth bonding to 16mm and the incommings to 25mm.

excuse the termanology, i qualified 6 months ago but gave up to do brokering lol

Sponsored Links
There is indeed but im based in London mate. haha

John , When lookign closely soem didnthave numbers (prob warn off lol)

But we did have a "green" button

45amp :D

But your info came in handya nd i appriciate it.

:D

I thought orange in old wylex code is 35A and green is either 40A or 45A (iirc green cartridge fuse holders and green GE mini trips are 45A but green wylex breakers are 40A).

(John clambers down to look in the shed)

However, I've only ever seen 35A in 1361 fuses.

(If anyone can enlighten me, I'd be grateful).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back