OLD SCHOOL DIY,er reqs pushfit / flexi help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - Am fitting a new bath , the type with taps in the middle and not at the end . I need to know if I can join these new fangled "pushfit and flexi pipe,s" straight on to the old 22mm copper supplies.
I need to go about 3 ft ,Ive only ever worked with copper pipe most of my life.
If its not possible I,ll just make up some pipes and solder the job, but if I can - Whitch brand / type / make do you reccomend , and whats your advice /warnings etc on fitting copper to plastic. ?? any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
If your competent working with copper, I’d stick with that; I’ll never have push fit or plastic in my own property.

If you are going to attach pushfit to existing old copper, make sure the pipes are 15mm or 22mm.

Older copper may be 1/2" or 3/4", and out of spec. to connect with pushfit.
(1/2" is close to 15mm, but the size difference will probably be outside acceptable limits for pushfit. 3/4" is obviously smaller than 22mm)

If you have the kit and the ability, use soldered fittings. There is probably little difference in price, they have a proven track record for reliability and longevity, and they look neater too!

Sponsored Links
If you do go for push-fit the ends of the copper pipe needs to be free of burrs, preferably cut with a pipe cutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back