old sd 620

Sponsored Links
Component symbols are a little unclear so here goes- Positive side of bridge rectifier is picked up by 100 microfarad electrolytic capacitor to zero volts. This capacitor is parallel with series circuit comprising, 120 R resistor, a component that might be a thermistor, a limit thermistor and a sigle coil for the gas valve to zero volts. To recap, capacitor parallel with series circuit have four components.

Hope it makes sense

Sponsored Links
its probably dc then.

the capacitor is probably there to "smooth" the dc from the bridge rectifier, which itself changes ac to dc

breezer said:
its probably dc then.

the capacitor is probably there to "smooth" the dc from the bridge rectifier, which itself changes ac to dc

Makes a big bang if you Guess wrong :LOL:

oh danny boy, danny boy, i bet you hate this song!!! spot on though. got a tiny burst of 240ac before a constant 36dc. rectifier giving me confusing signs.
danny i owe you one bottle of buckfast. (a small bottle though, i am but a poor heating engineer!!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back