Re-pressurising Saunier Duval 620

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help required..........am the lucky recipient of a SD 620 combi boiler, the boiler itself is on its last legs. The main problem is one of a slow pressure drop, and a even slower leak, basically I am looking for a solution to re-pressurize the boiler when it falls to around 0.5 - 0.8 bar, will be removing a radiator and need to repressurize the system after doing this to ensure that the fan doesn't go belly up when i turn the boiler back on.

The boiler will be replaced as soon as funds become available......which leads to my second question...........after a stupidly high quote from the lovely people at British Gas I am seeking buying a newish combi boiler off my own back........can i get a a bog standard combi boiler and fit it to the existing pipework or is a SD a separate entity from other combi boilers

any advice will be extremely well received

Sponsored Links
You can fit any combi albeit with slight pipework alterations. Get a quality boiler this time, (Vaillant ecotecplus831 or glow worm ultracom 30cxi would be good) spend as much as you can afford and make sure the system is flushed and a magnaclean fitted.

Sponsored Links
you should have a silver braided hose with a chrome valve near the boiler which is used to refill the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back