Old style toilet waste...help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of fitting a new bathroom suite. The old toilet was a very old fixture which sat on top of the soil waste pipe. Our new toilet has its soil waste pipe hole at the back of the bowl (horizontal). So I need a 90 degree adaptor to connect the two.

The only problem is that I can't find an adaptor which fits our old soil pipe. I found a clay to PVC adaptor in wickes today but it is too big to fit inside our pipe and too small to fit over it (I wasn't sure which it was supposed to do).

The original soil pipe measures just under 180mm to the outside edges and 150mm on the inside and looks like this:
Photo0141.jpg

Can anyone suggest any options?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
90 deg pan connector gasket and plumbers mate. assuming the drain is not to far from the wall. Or are you aving a larf due to the date?

Sponsored Links
But it will fit in the spigot hence the water resistant gasket and plumbers mate

oh dear. It comes in tubs, a non setting sticky sealant its called plumbers mate.

You need the diameter of the 'hole' where the waste goes down, not the lip around the edge. You should find the 90D pan connector fits in this with ther rubber seal around it when pushed down the 'ole :rolleyes:

Ok, I think I understand what you are saying but our soil pipe doesn't go straight down, nearly as soon as the smaller hole starts it is curving around to horizontal - so if I were to push the 90 degree adaptor down into that hole it would push against the horizontal botom of the pipe and therefor block it off???

Dont push it to far down then. your avin a larf aint you?

Push it in about 2", measure from floor to centre of pan connector then measure from floor to the centre of toilet spiggot, cut this difference off the end that goes into cast socket

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back