old tenby emergency keyswitch anyone got one spare?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all i know its a long shot but has anyone got a spare old style emergency keyswitch to fit a tenby grid system, they are quite large about 50 x 25 and only two switches fit between the pins on a 1 gang box. I have a job where i have a faulty one but they are know out of production and as its mounted on a large grid switch do not really want to change all of it for the sake of one switch

Nick

Sponsored Links
Have a look at a proteus, they are big old ones.

Not sure, but may be same if lucky.

had a look at RPP/proteus, nothing like them unfortunateley , Steve, looks not important but cannot have a surface switch next to the flushed in switch due to it being in a prison , and the walls being cast concrete does not help either .

Nick

Sponsored Links
As you cant take a photo of the actual unit.

Can you Google a photo and post. Thanks

Not ideal, but could you salvage one from elsewhere on the premises,
say a 1 or 2gang.

And fit the newer type there where it is more convenient.

Not drake hall, dovegate
just down the road from home ,convenient but a pain in the a**e to work in

Nick
I think you have been in the shower room at the wrong time if its starting to hurt. Bending over backwards to help is not ideal in a prison. Soap on a rope anyone.

my 2p worth
since you said
they are know out of production
suppose you did get one from "somewhere" it does not solve the problem you will have later, it causes one.
"well you changed it last time, do it again or you don't get that nice big contract"

If you explain now its obsolete, and you will have to change the whole lot (or use plan B) you can get more money for it, and no grief and the big contact next time, and no greif this time.
Its not your fault a bit of kit is no longer made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back