One for the baxi lads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
6 month old installation. Re ferb house. All pipework, rads changed and i mean every single pipe. New Platinum 40HE fitted. Customer had no hw. Called Engineer out today who found a blocked plate heat exchanger. He fitted a new one but told my customer that the system wasn't flushed correctly. I got an ear full from my customer.

I had used x300 and x100.

What causes the plate heat ex to block? I have had this a few times before but a 6 month old system can't be the cause.

Sponsored Links
its unusual to get problems in such a short space of time, but it happens, an inline strainer on the return pipe is a good idea stops the crud before it gets into boiler

Had the system been diluted or drained in the last six month? Could have been limescale? is the water hard up your way?

Sponsored Links
customer says they havn't but it could have been. Very hard water area but the stuff he left in a bowl was black and half a circle shape. Definatley from the heating side. I have had same problem before on older systems but i always do an 8 hour flush on an older systems and cleanser on new systems.

The boiler won't have caused the issue and if it's black that sounds like magnetite so inhibitor weak or not there.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back