one of a kind question re a baptistry in a church

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Bet this has never come up before lol ok so my local church has a indoor baptistery(like a swimming pool) which is constructed of tile and poss concrete ? now the pastor wants me to run plastic piping into and through the pool to heat the water this would be an extension of the heating system piping. the idea is when the heating is on it will heat the water. the water is drained when not in use.

ok so here's my question would it work?
can you buy a inline thermostat as my concern is you cant control that bit of pipe
I have fitted lots of radiator pipes but never in a pool lol
Regards

Sponsored Links
How are you getting the pipes into the pool?

I would look at some kind of manifold and blending valve and set the mixer to 10 degrees above whatever temperature is conducive with the partial drowning of the damned ;).

:LOL:
The main send and return pipes run behind this wooden stage thing in which the tank is built into the floor so I was just going to elbow off them make a loop and connect back to the system ,if that makes sense? I do appreciate you help on this one lol

Just get a 250kw heat exchanger suitable for a swimming pool and circulate the water through it.

Not sure about health and safety, sounds dead dodgy.

Sponsored Links
yea I know what you mean hence why I seek advice off the wise ;)
the piping I can clip around the bottom but the piping is the least of my worries lol

Just get a 250kw heat exchanger suitable for a swimming pool and circulate the water through it.

Not sure about health and safety, sounds dead dodgy.

They're baptising them, not sending them "down" ;).

OP - looping off the existing pipes will cause other problems.

You'll need to tee off and generate a parallel circuit - assuming the existing system isn't a One-Pipe of course.

You'll need to protect the people in the water from over heated water and also keep electrical items away (unless rated for submersion I suppose.

Like John inferred though - you could be on dodgy ground if something should happen though.

Didn't they used to dunk witches to get them to repent not that long ago, I assume this is an extension of that.

I once saw inside a baptistry - they heated the water with ordinary immersion heaters, modified to suit. Looked a little bit dodgy to me!

J.C to John- " nah rabbi , your`e all right - the water`s a bit chilly today " :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

It will need a lot of power! An odd bit of pipe will not be enough.

The only proper way would be a plate HE and a bronze pump to heat the pool. Normally with motor valve and timeclock.

Water has a significant specific heat and is not like air!

You must agree a heat up time!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back