one of room heatings doesn't have heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In one of my rooms, heating doesn't work this year. There is no heat. I have unscrewed TRV and checked the pin. I can push down the pin and it springs back. I have no idea what is wrong. Any idea? Thanks

Sponsored Links
="kaijun";p="1402962"]In one of my rooms, heating doesn't work this year.
Has it ever worked? Sounds as though the system has never been balanced. Maybe you have a by-pass valve that is open too much, this would allow water to return to boiler instead of going through your problem radiator, especially if the radiator is furthest from boiler.
What about the lockshield valve on the other end of radiator, if thats closed, then it wont heat up.
Have you tried closing the other radiators so all flow is to the problem radiator.

Sponsored Links
="kaijun";p="1402962"]In one of my rooms, heating doesn't work this year.
Has it ever worked? Sounds as though the system has never been balanced. Maybe you have a by-pass valve that is open too much, this would allow water to return to boiler instead of going through your problem radiator, especially if the radiator is furthest from boiler.
What about the lockshield valve on the other end of radiator, if thats closed, then it wont heat up.
Have you tried closing the other radiators so all flow is to the problem radiator.

It worked last year. I have adjusted lockshield valve, it doesn't help

Try bleeding the radiator with one valve shut then reverse the situation.
Water should come out in both cases, that is after any air has come out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back