One of those days.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting a toilet today. Bought the wrong fitting and plumbers merchant would not take it back so got the right one and went back to finish, drilling the floor to take the toilet fixings.

I spent a while drilling the tough tiles, drill between my knees leaning on it but the bit suddenly folded and I fell forward head butting the wall and opening a wound on my head [from the loft hatch I got yesterday]

Still spinning the bit hit my left leg holing the trouser and gash on the leg, drill but was still hot so no blood as it caurterised the wound, fell to my right and hot bit burned thru my trouser and burnt my right knee.:rolleyes:

I think I will take tomorrow off. ;)

Sponsored Links
Things like that happen dont they, Sunday before last I put a PH2 bit that was in an 18V makita cordless through my thumb nail with all my weight behind it. It entered when the nail starts growing out of the thumb and went in at about a 45 angle until it hit the bone. Gotta wait for the nail to grow out now and still try and work without hitting it as it absolutly kills when it's knocked!

Things like that happen dont they, Sunday before last I put a PH2 bit that was in an 18V makita cordless through my thumb nail with all my weight behind it. It entered when the nail starts growing out of the thumb and went in at about a 45 angle until it hit the bone. Gotta wait for the nail to grow out now and still try and work without hitting it as it absolutly kills when it's knocked!

I've done that, had no strength in my thumb for weeks. I've since invested in a set of clamps and keep my hand well away from the drill..

It's never funny at the time, but a good laugh for others working with you. I always bide my time waiting for their turn. Par for the course. :mad: :evil: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Fitting a toilet today. Bought the wrong fitting and plumbers merchant would not take it back so got the right one and went back to finish, drilling the floor to take the toilet fixings.

I spent a while drilling the tough tiles, drill between my knees leaning on it but the bit suddenly folded and I fell I think I will take tomorrow off. ;)
Invest in a SDS drill ;) I did a little job for my sis - in - law yesterday - and being lazy used her "tool Kit" didn`t take my sds , only some old soft bricks to drill :rolleyes: Everything including the screws was Chinese :eek: the drill kept vibrating out the keyless chuck - then jammed in it . The screws broke under hand screwing - how much torque is that . I`m going to stay retired ;) It`s all going to the Car Boot sale on Sunday

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back