One radiator not working when heating+hot water switched on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with a radiator, and have done some searching around the forum and wiki, but not been able to find a solution to this specific issue, so would appreciate any pointers.

System boiler, unvented system. When I switch on the heating only, all radiators in the house heat up correctly. However, when I switch on the hot water + heating simultaneously, one particular radiator remains stone cold, but all other radiators heat up correctly, and the hot water heats up.

I've bled the radiator and checked that both valves are open (1x TRV), but the fact that it works when heating only is on, suggests there's some other reason why this isn't heating up.

The boiler is on the ground floor, and the radiator in question is in the same room as the boiler (open plan kitchen diner), but on the opposite wall. I'm not sure exactly of the layout of the pipes, but this radiator is neither the closest nor the furthest away from the boiler. Let me know if you need further details on the system.

Any suggestions on where I should be looking next, to diagnose this, would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back