One reason Covid is here to stay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People who are either stupid or ignorant or rebellious about wearing a mask are putting others at risk of infection. As long as there are people like that the Covid virus will not be eliminated

One incident in the public domain........

193 people on an aircraft from Zante to Cardiff , several of them tested positive for Covid after the flight.

Quoting from https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53966897

Stephanie Whitfield, from Cardiff, who was on the flight with her partner, told the BBC she was not surprised.

She said she and her husband "decided to isolate for two weeks on the flight", before they even learnt about the positive cases.

"This flight was a debacle. The chap next to me had his mask around his neck. Not only did the airline not pull him up on it, they gave him a free drink when he said he knew a member of the crew.

"Loads of people were taking their masks off and wandering up and down the aisles to talk to others.

"As soon as the flight landed, a load of people took their masks off immediately. The flight was full of selfish 'covidiots' and an inept crew who couldn't care less."

Stephanie said she and her husband had both had sent off for a test and would return it as soon as possible.

"We've got a few symptoms, but we hope it's a cold. We've had a bit of a cough, a sore throat, a headache.

"I'm angry more than anything."

Sponsored Links
shouldn’t have gone to zante on a f&cking aeroplane during a pandemic then stupid.
i’m wondering who the real dumbo is here . stephanie or bernard?

Sponsored Links
I went to my once a month shopping returns on Saturday. Chap in front of me took his mask off, was all hot and sweaty to cough for 3 mins, without covering his mouth... and last night, our local trouble pub who had been issued an 'asbo', carried on as normal. Incredibly loud music, people shouting, singing, hugging and crammed in.

There's too many stupid people I think for this to ever pass. Just got to hope that it in time gets less severe imo..

I've been pretty impressed with the mask wearing / social distancing round here. Perhaps that's because we have a disproportionate number of vulnerable old gimmers round here.

have a look at the conspiracy theories floating around

these people use these terms:

scamdemic
or its a deliberate hoax: plandemic
only people wearing masks are "sheople"

Bill Gates Foundation and Soros are involved in a global scam to ensure everybody has to have a vaccine....really the pandemic is over.

one person even argued with me that because 1 person on SAGE is a member of the communist party, the Tories are colluding in a communist plot.

and another argued that trials have shown hydroxychloroquine is 95% effective

Am I stupid to mention the stupidity of people who go on holiday and then have to endure the predictable consequences,
why put yourself in a situation where the outcome is that negative and predictable in the first place then moan about it?

shouldn’t have gone to zante on a f&cking aeroplane during a pandemic then stupid.
i’m wondering who the real dumbo is here . stephanie or bernard?

You can't complain why the economy was shut down and then complain again why it needed to be opened up.

have a look at the conspiracy theories floating around

these people use these terms:

scamdemic
or its a deliberate hoax: plandemic
only people wearing masks are "sheople"

Bill Gates Foundation and Soros are involved in a global scam to ensure everybody has to have a vaccine....really the pandemic is over.

one person even argued with me that because 1 person on SAGE is a member of the communist party, the Tories are colluding in a communist plot.

and another argued that trials have shown hydroxychloroquine is 95% effective

As boomers moved to facebook they were naive and believed everything they read. Instead of a crackpot theory going no further than the local drinking hole - now these people can find a community of idiots who share their beliefs - it brings confirmation and validation in a feedback loop.

Aldous Huxley though not as famous as George Orwell was so prescient with his novel - Brave New world.

You can't complain why the economy was shut down and then complain again why it needed to be opened up.
aside from the airlines, which I happen to think could do with a huge cut to start with. what’s zante got to do with the uk economy?

Sponsored Links
Back