One reason Covid is here to stay

Sponsored Links
Which airlines is she backing?
“So going on holiday does help the economy with the airlines & travel companies (who are badly hit).”
said sodthisforfun ,implying she thinks the airlines need supporting . no?

No. You just mentioned airlines. Do you despise all travel or just Airlines? You would like to see the economy opened up but not the travel industry. Trés odd.
“travel in the uk until it’s over” said benny.

“So going on holiday does help the economy with the airlines & travel companies (who are badly hit).”
Nonsense. She made a statement in reference to your eagerness to open up the economy whilst (very oddly) denouncing the travel industy.
You need to make your mind up boyo.

Sod has not flown on a plane for years and does not support the airline industry - no.

Sponsored Links
aside from the airlines, which I happen to think could do with a huge cut to start with. what’s zante got to do with the uk economy?

Not sure how you think but you fly from one place to another, unless you want to boost the economy through flights that just spend their time in the air and return to where they took off from?

i’m not interested in airlines , if another holiday aircraft never left the ground again it wouldn’t bother me. the negatives of piffling air travel far outweigh the economic benefit. the economy would benefit more if people were encouraged to holiday in this country or put their money towards paying their debts off instead of getting more for a holiday on a credit card....at least until there’s a vaccine for you all or this thing is over.

I can understand that you need to service the debt and reduce the capital outlay - but we are a consumer lead economy - so who have you voted for in the last few decades? You seem to be arguing against the neo liberal economics of the last 4 decades usshered in ostensibly by Thatcher.

No. You just mentioned airlines. Do you despise all travel or just Airlines? You would like to see the economy opened up but not the travel industry. Trés odd.

Not replying to you @noseall, but using your post as an illustration. :)

In part driven by selfishness, but I don't want to see things "back to normal", as that was ruining the planet, and our mental and physical health too.

"Work from home" has very quickly become "get back to the office, and support the sandwich shop" and, while you're at it, "clog up the roads, pollute the air some more, spend a day of your life per week commuting, and £50 for the pleasure of doing so."
Oh, and don't forget your mask, and don't go near anyone.

For decades, the UK has been reported to be the least productive major nation in Europe, and this pandemic could have been the boot up the backside to change this. A paradigm shift in how we are, going forward. But no ; less than six months in, it's a call to go back to the same old ways.

I'm not sure that we'll ever have a better opportunity to really improve things, and we're going to actually boot it into touch.

You are deliberately being obtuse and taking things out of context, to try and make a point that is not there. Well done :LOL:

It's just one part of the economy of the UK benefitting - an economy which is what you have previously stated is worthwhile to lose a fair few lives over. As I said, I just think you want to call everyone an idiot, despite looking like one very much yourself!!

You are deliberately being obtuse and taking things out of context, to try and make a point that is not there. Well done :LOL:

It's just one part of the economy of the UK benefitting - an economy which is what you have previously stated is worthwhile to lose a fair few lives over. As I said, I just think you want to call everyone an idiot, despite looking like one very much yourself!!
who did I call an idiot? the idiots getting on planes and then moaning about it?
I don’t care if they die but they do. so they get on a plane with other idiots and moan about it. sounds idiotic to me.

I can understand that you need to service the debt and reduce the capital outlay - but we are a consumer lead economy - so who have you voted for in the last few decades? You seem to be arguing against the neo liberal economics of the last 4 decades usshered in ostensibly by Thatcher.
politics . yawn. i don’t vote. and I don’t waste my time moaning about political parties or politicians because i’m not interested or willing to do anything about it personally

Not replying to you @noseall, but using your post as an illustration. :)

In part driven by selfishness, but I don't want to see things "back to normal", as that was ruining the planet, and our mental and physical health too.

"Work from home" has very quickly become "get back to the office, and support the sandwich shop" and, while you're at it, "clog up the roads, pollute the air some more, spend a day of your life per week commuting, and £50 for the pleasure of doing so."
Oh, and don't forget your mask, and don't go near anyone.

For decades, the UK has been reported to be the least productive major nation in Europe, and this pandemic could have been the boot up the backside to change this. A paradigm shift in how we are, going forward. But no ; less than six months in, it's a call to go back to the same old ways.

I'm not sure that we'll ever have a better opportunity to really improve things, and we're going to actually boot it into touch.
finally somebody gets it.

Sponsored Links
Back