One reason Covid is here to stay

Before global warming, I never had any trouble on the Blue Hill.

Sponsored Links
before downhill planking become popular did we have global warming?

According to the experts a new less lethal variant of Covid 19 is in circulation, this should mean less people in intensive care.

Sponsored Links
According to the experts a new less lethal variant of Covid 19 is in circulation, this should mean less people in intensive care.
So the most vulnerable have already been killed off?

And could it turn out that the 'virus' (or different versions) were simply different strains of influenza?

Because according to other 'experts' whilst covid has a higher mortality rate, influenza spreads more rapidly...

I guess one has to take a chance on which 'experts' you believe in :)

Only one thing is certain...

Confusion reigns - because politicians only care about being seen to be doing 'something', not doing anything effective!

According to the experts

Wrong.

According to the (o)(o) S*n

"may die out"

"Italian expert claims"

"However, other scientists have hit back at the claims - saying that there is no scientific evidence that the virus has changed at all."

Most of the decent vaccines are already well progressing through stage 3. So I think its days are numbered. I do think we will get a second wave, but I don't think it will be such a big impact. The UK was fairly rapidly infected from overseas travellers during January and February. Some 1-2k unique entrants busy spreading unchecked/unknowingly for most. When we locked down, our R rate must have been huge. People are a lot better educated now, even the stupid ones.

I do think lockdown could have been targeted by vulnerability. Time will tell, but the massive impact on the economy will probably not have been worth the lives which may or may not have been saved. At the end of the day, lockdown was not to reduce deaths it was to avoid overwhelming the NHS. Under 45s could have mostly avoided lockdown without impacting the NHS and the impact on the economy would have been significantly less.

Most of the decent vaccines are already well progressing through stage 3.

Most vaccines are failures, for one reason or another. No doubt the same will be true for CV.

At the moment the race is on for the "first" vaccine

But sooner or later, the world will settle on the "best" vaccine.

"Moderna says its mRNA vaccine can now be stored at minus 20C. That may give it an edge over the mRNA vaccine being produced by Pfizer and Germany’s BioNTech, which needs to be stored at minus 70C, though the US drugmaker says its temperature-controlled shipping containers solve some concerns.

Other Covid-19 vaccines, such as those made by Sanofi, Novavax and AstraZeneca, are expected to be stored at normal fridge temperatures. Yet even this requirement can be tricky.

The World Health Organization says half of all vaccines are wasted due to refrigeration failure."

https://www.ft.com/content/c48ca839...egmentId=7d033110-c776-45bf-e9f2-7c3a03d2dd26

Sponsored Links
Back