Online uPVC suppliers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend an online uPVC supplier?

Some cowboys installed 9mm cladding on the fascia boards on my parent's house. The cladding has been coming away in parts ever since. In the recent high winds, a 3m section on the gable end has ripped off.

The uPVC is gloss brown-coloured (not wood effect). Probably this one:
http://www.pvc-warehouse.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17_213_216

Also, what size nails/pins should be used to secure external uPVC cladding like this?

Sponsored Links
try eurocell they have branches all around the country and deliver. the trouble with cap over brown fascia is that it expands and contracts a lot so better to have 50mm brown polytop nailsx2 every 50mm (the larger nails, not 40mm because the boards just pop them off when they move) and try to fit on a reasonable day so that the board isnt too hot or too cold. hope you can repair this lash-up :)

We buy a lot of Plastic from MWRoofline on here. Quality and delivery are 1st class. Not sure if he covers your area, but worth giving him a PM for advice.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately we don't deal with gloss brown as it does not come with a guarantee. Not even a month.

try eurocell they have branches all around the country and deliver. the trouble with cap over brown fascia is that it expands and contracts a lot so better to have 50mm brown polytop nailsx2 every 50mm ...

A 5m length of brown 9mm X 200mm capping board is about 34 quid, including delivery from Eurocell.

Here are some 50 mm nails:
https://www.rooflineonline-sales.co.uk/easyorder.b2c/index?b2c=log&ptrdes=Replacement Fascia 18mm

* Can I just use a hammer for these, or do I need a special nail gun?
* Won't 50 mm go through the timber underneath as well? Do I need to locate the rafters before I start nailing?

you just hammer straight through it will go into the timber yes and probably through that and into the rafter a little bit too no need to locate rafter it is underneath the fascia but will be smaller so probably fix nails at 2" and 5" from the top of the pvc board and this will get a good fixing mark out all your nails on the floor and knock them in a bit before carrying it up the gable then you dont have to mess about when you are up there

I would like to point out that the fascia boards sold by pvc-warehouse and which are linked by the first poster in this thread are 10mm boards

not the thinner and more susceptible to breaking 9mm boards

and that "mw roofline" is wrong stating that the coloured fascia boards at least the ones sold by pvc-warehouse carry no guarantee, these are manufactured in Northampton by Freefoam, and carry a 10yr Guarantee

if you check here

http://freefoam.com/about/guarantees

It clearly states....

10 Year Guarantee
Colour
The Freefoam colour range of fascia, soffit, cladding and rainwater products is eligible for a 10 Year Guarantee unique in the roofline industry. Backed by Freefoam’s own innovative Colormax.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back