only 2" water in cistern flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a plumber fit a dudley duo turbo 88 flush syphon a while ago and it only seems to lose about 2 inches of water at the best of times, if that, which will probably explain why I've had to put my arm round the u bend to dig out the toilet paper thats been trapped there.

Seen as hes ignored my phone calls, I'll mail what I pulled out for him just to say thanks :LOL:

Oh and the water level is up to where the mark was before he'd changed it over

Any idea guys :cool:

Sponsored Links
they have holes down the bottom of the syphon and you remove the blanking bung to different positions depending on the lts of flush you want.

yes check what one it is in by the sounds of it the bottom one is open.
if both holes are blocked you get a full flush.

Sponsored Links
I've just checked it and both the bungs in the bottom are in. theres one right at the top or at least a hole is and when you put your finger over the hole it empties like it should do. The problem is I dont really want to have to put mu finger over the hole every time I want to flush the loo :LOL:

Stating obvious here remove bottom bung and put it in top hole . Syphon wont stop till water reches bottom hole . or bung it up with a wee spot o silicon.

This is exactly the problem I've just had. I found this post, went home and checked the siphon and the top bung had fallen out and was floating in the water. Thanks for the advice, it's saved me getting the plumber out to fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back