Only Fools and Horses.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the last couple of weeks I've been watching the complete series re-run on TV. I'd forgotten just how good it was.

From hilarious to touching, brilliant.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, It was a comedy, but all of a sudden you'd get serious sombre moments too.

Maybe that's why it was loved so much - silly and funny but with real-life moments mixed in.

Only thing to watch with the re-runs now is that quite a few have been edited to appease the "politically correct" brigade within the BBC. I know even some DVD releases have suffered the same fate, although I'm not sure of the specific details for this series.

well there was fook all else on the box to watch now was there,always guaranteed to laugh no matter how many times youve watched them.
also vicar of dibley is a gooden.

Sponsored Links
As is Red Dwarf and Black Adder - all great fun imo.

Only fools does remain a particular classic though.

The old Open all hours was brilliant, the new one is carp. Only fools was one of the best comedy programmes ever made. The BBC made the best comedy shows.

That brings back memories, was that the one with the Houses of Parliament and the Thames logo?
Actually a montage of London landmarks, including Tower Bridge and St. Paul's Cathedral as well as others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DuN5QiUk00E

London Weekend had the "animated river" sequence as the opening ident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CrIH_EYhfHk

(That's the early/mid 1970's version, the later one had the "river" drop into the letters LWT at the end.)

OF&H could make you laugh, then cry in an instant (well it did me, but i'm soft as ****e)

Flowery ****s was brilliant!

They were right to finish when they did, before it got stale.

Fools & Horses is still one of the best comedies IMO. There was always a twist at the end which normally came totally unexpected.

Yes, it's a shame they can't all get together and just run two or three decent tv channels between them. Hold on! That's how it used to be.

Sponsored Links
Back