onyx black Rockdoor not black?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Had an onyx black Rockdoor fitted this morning and now that the sun is out you can see that it is a brown colour. I have some pictures of the door against a black wallet and a tan bag and it closer in colour to the tan bag :(

Has anyone else got or fitted an onyx black Rockdoor and noticed it wasn't black or is mine a one off special?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Agree with crank and Gazman - colours have shades. My question was really have I got a one off blip in their production or are their black doors not the colour in their brochure and actually brown?

Edit: the Black square is taken from the Rockdoor brochure

Sponsored Links
I think it would be reasonable to assume that something called Onyx black would be a fairly deep black and not have a hint of brown.

I know some door slab suppliers offer schwarz/Braun which I think they market as black but as you may tell by the name probably is not black

Hi,

Have the same door fitted and we have noticed this as well. It is really noticeable when you get up close.

What odd you do about it? Or is this just the way they come out?

The installer came out with his colour swatch and it was the same colour as our door - brown. So that is how they come.

We chose the door from Rock's iPad app and then Rock gave us the name of their recommended installer who we went with. Unfortunately they didn't have any black doors on display in their showroom (although indoors under different lighting conditions it may not have been obvious that it was brown) and we were not offered a look at their swatch (didn't know that they existed).

The iPad app shows a black door and says quite clearly 'it gives you an accurate impression of how a new Rockdoor would look on your property'.

I have done some simple RGB colour analysis on their image from the app and that of the actual door and they are very different - I just need to decide on how to proceed. The OH hates it and the fact that it doesn't go with the garage door.

You will never get an accurate representation of a colour looking at any digital format. Just move on and paint it black.

Ultimately a colour swatch provided by a manufacturer is the only thing that should ever be used when an accurate representation of the colour is required. That or a sample door in a showroom, though even then it won't be subject to the same lighting conditions so that has its drawbacks. The problem is the supplier did not make it available and the OP did not ask to see it.

Hi
Had an onyx black Rockdoor fitted this morning and now that the sun is out you can see that it is a brown colour. I have some pictures of the door against a black wallet and a tan bag and it closer in colour to the tan bag :(

Has anyone else got or fitted an onyx black Rockdoor and noticed it wasn't black or is mine a one off special?

Thanks

They buy the door skin from germany and the colour is swartzbrun..... my German ain't good but that's dark brown. Lol.... I know by flt driver there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back