Ooh, he's black and wearing a rucksack, arrest him...

Sponsored Links
Why? Mistakes happen so what? Let's all stand around and and watch real terrorists at work just in case we get it wrong. :rolleyes:

Of course, his colour was not a prime reason for his arrest now, was it?

If black people with rucksacks are bombing trains - would you rather they suspect white granny? Get a grip man.

Sponsored Links
If they are young, black males and run around the subway with rucksacks - yes. What's the option?

If I run around Manchester with a red and white shirt with Ronaldo or Giggs on my back - odds are I might get mistaken for a Man U fan.

If I run around Manchester with a red and white shirt with Ronaldo or Giggs on my back - odds are I might get mistaken for a Man U fan.

I would not advise that, you'd be far safer if you wore a suicide bombers belt :D

high-value crimes, such as stock market and VAT fraud, or stealing people's pensions, are mostly committed by educated white men in their 50's wearing suits

I guess middle-aged white men in suits should be arrested on sight and their homes and offices searched for evidence - right, Joe?

And driving offencences are mostly committed by young men. So they should all be stopped?

Street and domestic violence mostly by people who've been drinking, I guess we could have all of them picked up too?

IRA bombers were overwhelmingly Catholics, so we should have rounded up all the Catholics and put them in prison camps?

Yes. I'd agree with that. If they were in a place behaving in a way that might raise reasonable suspicion in the security services.

Of course, his colour was not a prime reason for his arrest now, was it?

er maybe the fact someone on the train believed him to be a suspect they were looking for from an armed incident was the reason. But they got it wrong. The Police detained him, and ruled him out from the incident. How would you dealt with it?

Yes. I'd agree with that. If they were in a place behaving in a way that might raise reasonable suspicion in the security services.
You mean like

"Wearing a big coat and looking a bit foreign?"

Yes. Otherwise no-one would ever get arrested would they?

The security of the country is based on the premise that they will protect the many at the risk of embroiling the innocent few.

Can it ever be any other way?

when the terrorists are 30's thin white men, ill be happy to be stopped and searched every day

Me too - I'd love someone to think I was thirty something. :D

Sponsored Links
Back