Oops I did it again.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Um...this is rather embarrassing but.....

I 'did my business' the other day and the results were quite large.

I pulled the handle in the usual way and thought that was the end of it, but no.

Every time I use the appliance, the water rises way beyond what I'm expecting. I think my business the other day is still blocking it somewhere further down the line.

Can I deal with this myself? If so, how?

Your discretion is appreciated :oops:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Daz - before you stick your arm around the bend go outside and lift the inspection chamber lid (manhole cover), pound-to-a-pinch-of-s**t the chamber will reveal the problem. Usually cotton wool buds, kitchen roll used as bum wipes blocking the outlet - rod it. Then tell your partner to put the cotton wool buds in the bin and always have plenty supplies of proper bog roll (it disintegrates in water so not causing blockages, kitchen roll doesn't).

Lol thanks guys for those entertaining responses.

Tried the plunger trick - didn't work. I think I know where the 'little' fella will be stuck....the pipe bends round at the back of the appliance before disappearing into the floor, there's no away it would go round there, it's probably still sitting there.

I've no choice but to call a plumber. Must chop the damn thing up next time before flushing *puke*

Don't think so, what is that, a hoover for water-based applicances?

Yeah ......... :D

Or hire a carpet cleaner wiv a hose ......... Could clean ya carpets tooo as a bonus :)

Just lift the dam inspection chamber cover, all this ferkin about inside, what a waste :LOL: :LOL:

lol, I appreciate the advice John but I think I'll play safe this time and get in a pro.

Cheers!

lol, I don't need anything of the sort actually!

My eating habits have changed recently, been under a lot of stress, so food was storing up in my belly, unlike usual.

It's gone out my body now, next time will be better hopefully, and if not I'll know how to deal with it.

Hey - bet you guys get this now and again!

If you wait long enough then it will break up and not be a blockage, so if it persists then it's other debris causing the problem (and others have said).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back