'open' prv/condenser trap leaking behind wall,Vokera Linea

If you fit the part above the condensate will be double trapped and there is a chance it wont work properly.

Sponsored Links
Hi folks,
Picasso - it could be possible to reroute, but it will still have to go to the internal stack (drilling to outside non starter - leaseholder) I wondered if I connected them to the waste 40mm apart from each other and leave out the bend?

Gigz - I did spy a 'bung' too, but was concerned because you are supposed to have an 'air break' for the condensate?
The prv has an open "tun dish" it in the boiler cupboard before the run of 22mm copper across the room that terminates over this weird joint.
The Linea is not against the outer building wall, backs onto next flat dividing wall, I did top it up recently, but only after summer idle before heading into winter.

It's all inside our main living space only the boiler flue goes outside, everything else goes to a centrally located stack running through the flats top to bot.
All the pipes for such are in a plasterboard 'tunnel' crossing one wall.

If I go the 'bung' route for the prv on the top of the join is that doable (safe) if it has the tun dish in the boiler cupboard? The condensate plastic pipe is ok straight to the trap with no air gap?

Thanks for the replies and taking the time,
P

inside cupboard looks like this, plastic pipe (condensate) far right, copper (pvr)central. If I've got that right!

Attachments

• IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 99
ummm… no solution then that isn't just another bodge, infuriating how this stuff gets installed and signed off.
Hey ho, a rubber bung it is then!
cheers,
P

Have you checked that the trap and waste runs freely?

And watched your pressure gauge while heating from system cold?

Sponsored Links
Hi Polesapart,

I watched the first radiator heating cycle this evening, boiler hovers 1.2-1.1 bar on readout then peaks at 2bar before settling back to 1.4 when switched out.
No water out from PRV pipe and I didn't hear or see any from the troublesome joint.

Even if things are ok I am not very happy about plastering the hole back up again leaving this 'open' trap as before.

I guess I want to know if there is a better junction I can build or if I simply close it with a reducer that the condenser and prv pipes will function as designed.
Thanks for your reply to my post.
P

I'm not clear from your posts if the leak you report (or I assume you report as you mention a knackered floor) is from the PRV or the condensate backing up.

Your pressure vessel needs recharging or is undersized based on the 0.8 bar rise. However if the last time you refilled your system was months ago I don't see that that enough if any system water has discharged to cause a problem.

I'd be inclined to syphon a bucket of water into the black tundish under the boiler to see what happens.

Is the issue PRV discharge or condensate backing up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back