Opinions on a oil boiler service bill

Yes but I know for sure that in all the oil boilers I have ever gone
to repair I have never had to replace both a pump and a control box at
the same visit.
They can't bother be wrong.
Oil boilers are some of the most reliable pieces of kit on the market.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...er-service-bill.295904/#2156276#ixzz1bVXunmpK

It's rare but not impossible to get 2 faults and as per the oilhead post:

HRM Wallstar does not need a fire valve other than that fitted by manufacturer. This incorporates a non return valve. If this fails, then the pump hunts for fuel, eventually wearing it out. It also causes re-ignition, overloading the spark generator and blowing it, so it is quuite possible that all parts needed replacing. Possibly a little on the high side, as I'msure a bona fide oil technician would not pay anywhere near HRM's quoted price for parts.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...er-service-bill.295904/#2156276#ixzz1bVYG8Blm
I've come across the same on a HRM wallstar, bit unfortunate for the customer but you can only address the problems as you find them and advise accordingly.
Did you agree 'mates rates' up front ? If so it does seem a bit expensive but he's done a fair bit of work in 2hrs and it'll hopefully see you through the next service.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back