Optima G4 connecting new bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could somebody please help. I have tried to help the old gentleman next door and its turned into a bit of a disaster.

He has an Optima G4 panel and an ancient alarm box. I have changed boxes before but when I took off the old bell box I was only met with four wires. Two to a siren and two to a strobe.

I spoke to Optima and this is what they advised but it doesn't work.

Panel Bell
B- Bell Trigger
D+ B+
A B-
T - short to A
STB - STB

Any help would be wonderful..... Thank you in anticipation.

Thanks Rob

Sponsored Links
Your need to use two wires for the bells constant power (hold off + -) another for the bell trigger (in bell loop this wire into the strobe terminal so that strobe flashes upon bell activation, as you only have 4 cores you cannot have a seperate strobe wire) then the last wire will be for the tamper return.

What siren are you using?

Can you access control panel, your likely need to change wiring in here too.

Thank you very much for your help.

It is a Pyronix Delta Plus box.

Could you please show a little diagram to help me.

I thought the tamper in the bell box just looked like it was linked out.

Sorry that is incorrect - the tamper in the control panel just look shorted out

Sponsored Links
Yeah sounds like there was no tamper before so it was looped out in panel, you should be able to monitor tamper now.

Disconnect all wires in panel or tell me what wires are in what terminals at present.

Tell me what the terminals are marked as in panel & bell, take pics if needs be and i'll tell you how to wire it up.

Optima G4 Panel

19 Strobe +
20 Strobe -
T It states under T and A SCE - and they have been shorted out.
A
D + under D and B it says Bell.
B -

Delta Plus Bell Box
Tamper
Tamper - it appears I may require a link to 12v -
Eng Hold
STB -
Bell -
12v +
12v -

I hope this is good enough - I don't want to call on him now.

Best regards Rob

Wire bell like this

Attachments

• You_Doodle_2017-02-07T19_01_18Z.jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-02-07T19_01_18Z.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 792
Wire like this and remove any other links other than in the diagrams. Let me know how you get on.

Also its advisable that you enable the battery in the siren too. Small jumper link.

Ok, Can't do it until the weekend but I understand you far more than Optima.

The battery was already fitted on a plug in lead - will it not already be enabled?

Just for my knowledge I don't have anything coming out of the strobe connectors as I don't have enough wires.

Thank you very very much. I tried to help someone with my limited knowledge and it backfired.

Best regards Rob

Thought deltabell had a small jumper link to enable the battery, just check instructions.

Your have nothing coming out of strobe terminals in panel as you dont have enough wires so we are linking the strobe with the bell trigger in the siren itself. Only downside to this is that when the bell time expires the strobe will also stop whereas we would normally have the strobe carrying on so that you would know that there has been an activation.

Let me know how you get on,

Good luck.

Thank you very much for all your help.

I have used forums every now and again and received great advice.

Thanks again. Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back