OSB under plasterboard on internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get an internal wall removed in my kitchen. This wall runs parallel to my joists. When i took off the frame I noticed that there is OSB under the plasterboard. Why is this? Kitchen cabinets on the other side of the wall so is this likely why?

wall is definitely parallel to the joists...

Here is what it looks like:

7A3736F7-0F3D-4CD7-84CB-E41D6A1D6028.jpeg

circled the wall i want to take out on the drawing:
F56F2EDE-001C-4770-BF60-FD14D5A1ACF7.jpeg

Sponsored Links
robbieee, good evening.

Could be for Sound Proofing between [noisy] kitchen and Study?

Try knocking a thin nail into [in an inconspicuous place] the wall between and lounge?

Ken.

robbieee, good evening.

Could be for Sound Proofing between [noisy] kitchen and Study?

Try knocking a thin nail into [in an inconspicuous place] the wall between and lounge?

Ken.
I wouldn't imagine it does much for noise, certainly not compared to products designed for that purpose.

It's much more likely as you say for hanging cupboards etc off to ensure you can get a fixing anywhere.

Sponsored Links
It is a long time since I saw one of those?

Chances are that painted on the OSB in large letters is something like "Do Not Remove this panel" at least [as I recall] that is what was done on the site I was on.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back