OSMO WAX overlap staining?? Help

:LOL: :LOL:
(Well, I know DIY-not members stating they came from Timbuktu when they are in fact living "next door" ;))

I stand corrected, but then again you know as well as I do that it's not only the contributors to the topic that read this who might very well be living where they say they are living ;)

And who knows, there might be a depot in NZ? (Stranger things have happened)

Sponsored Links
I have now tried all over NZ and cant is seems get a Trio on hire. I have found one company who has one, but they want to do the job themselves (circa $1500). I am not willing to pay this, as i have just about finished the dam floor myself, save the fine scratch marks!! :mad:

I wish i did "live round the corner" i might have a easier job of getting stuff than i do here!!!!!

You can still finish it with the buffer you've got just try asking one or two floor sanding guys about the carborundum screen/disc.I know there's plenty do sanding, I've got family in ChCh.one's even in the flooring trade, though nothing to do with sanding.
mack

Sponsored Links
I’ve had a stroke of luck… found a guy who has a floor sanding business a few km away who was kind enough to lend me a Trio, as he has gone away for Easter!!! Tried it yesterday with 100 grit… WOW, what a difference! I will finish up with 120 grit today, and hopefully get to Osmo Wax the floor straight after.

I,m still not sure about the buffing though? I have bought some short bristled paint pads for applying the wax oil. As these have a scrubbing action which seems is the best way to apply the stuff.

So, do you recommend using a buffer pad/s on the trio to go over the floor after the first coat of oil wax, or while its still wet etc????
Also,i only have the red scotchbrite pad, which i guess i can cut to size/s for the smalled discs of the Trio.

I only have the machine until Tuesday, so got to get this right asap.

Thanks again guys for all your help with this. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back