Our deficit was all americas fault

Sponsored Links
ALL workers be prepared for higher taxes .
Cant blame USA- we have minds of our own. They may lead but WE dont have to follow.
It's about time we sorted out this mess at home first and foremost and stopped wiping the a$$ es of those we invited into our 'once fine' country.
Too many malingerers here who dont pay their way- simple as that .

We would be a lot worse off now if the tories hadn't been at the helm in the eighties.

Sponsored Links
It's about time we sorted out this mess at home first and foremost and stopped wiping the a$$ es of those we invited into our 'once fine' country.
Too many malingerers here who dont pay their way- simple as that .

If I had one wish in the world, it would not be for money or even good health, it would be for folk to be more tolerant and understanding.

Be tolerant of other people and understand the other side of the coin: that is to say that there are many who we have invited into our fine country who pay their way many times over and conversely, those who are home-grown, who have not come into the country, who malinger and do not pay their way.

We would be a lot worse off now if the tories hadn't been at the helm in the eighties.

Very true.

Yeah, right.

Let's ask what Thatcher did for us.

Go on, you start.

She liberalised the economy, opening up sectors for competition.

The thing about a competitive market, is some lose, and some win.

The losers expected the government to rescue/subsidise them.

Now maybe the government should have, or shouldn't have, maybe the government should have done something to create new jobs for them, but please let's move away from this childish "thatcher was evil and hated the workers and did nothing good" crap. *

Major and Blair where nothing special, no major cock ups or amazing initiatives, oh they both did things I could complain about.

But Brown was the only truly "bad" prime minister in my lifetime. The man was egotistical, bad tempered.

He is still an MP, but he's to busy writing his book and travelling to turn up to parliament more than a handful of times, and has had complaints form constituents that they can't get hold of him, says it all.

*(Personally I hold the opinion that subsidising failing industries is just done at the cost of successful ones, and governments haven't the first clue about creating new private sector jobs, the best they can do is cut taxes and encourage investment, which is what the conservatives at the time did.)

you say opened up the markets like its a good thing look what has happened to the markets she opened gas, electricity, telephone, railway, NHS. all of the above are doing so well an are all extremely competitive all the costs have dropped and the services vastly improved , oh no hang on a minute the was a dream i once had .
opened markets and privatisation where just more ways the conservatives/labour enabled the wealty to get richer with any risks always placed on the public sector.
unfortunatly all the parties are the same

true the unions where restricted but as usual we go from frying pan to fire look at the way workers now are treated.

She liberalised the economy, opening up sectors for competition.
The only competition that evolved was how far a few people could get their snouts in the trough...I wonder how many people think our utilities are now better value?

And amongst her privatisations, thatcher did something that prevented us becoming a world leader in communications...in her desire to privatise BT she vetoed a country wide fibre optic system, as it would have meant it would have been difficult to sell otherwise. Instead we are playing catch up!

And her liberalising of the economy was one of the main things that led to the out of control banking system that started the massive dealing in virtual assets!

The thing about a competitive market, is some lose, and some win.

The losers expected the government to rescue/subsidise them.
If you have no stake in that 'competitive market', then what do you expect?

The majority of 'losers' never have a chance of becoming a winner under the society (or rather lack of) that she helped create...

At least Romney was honest enough to say he couldn't care less about nearly half his countrymen...Thatcher had the luxury of being able to discard even more due to our gerry mandered voting system!

Personally I hold the opinion that subsidising failing industries is just done at the cost of successful ones, and governments haven't the first clue about creating new private sector jobs, the best they can do is cut taxes and encourage investment, which is what the conservatives at the time did.
Ah so that's why a successful mining industry was sacrificed whilst maintaining massive subsidies for other unsuccessful energy forms?

And that policy was so good, it created multiple recessions and record unemployment levels... :rolleyes:

you say opened up the markets like its a good thing look what has happened to the markets she opened gas, electricity, telephone, railway, NHS

This would be the free market where the government is currently denying drilling rights that would allow us cheaper gas?

This would be the free market where the government is now refusing planning permission for power plants, and throwing around subsidies, and forcing higher bills to fund green initiatives.

This would be the free market where only BT are only allowed to touch the lines.

This would be the free market where the train operators have no competition because the government owns the network.

NHS, Not privatised, some services are bought, not at all the same thing, don't talk such utter rot

In all the examples you give, more free market would help, thatcher didn't go far enough, or were U-turned by later governments.

The unions where far to powerful and did not serve the workers but themselves, her mistakes were to privatise poorly, not the idea of privatisation.

Another thing that government did right was to get rid of the absurd taxes on the rich that lead to the brain drain, something that if allowed to carry on could have turned us into a 3rd rate nation.

And her liberalising of the economy was one of the main things that led to the out of control banking system that started the massive dealing in virtual assets!

http://brackenworld.blogspot.co.uk/

Ah so that's why a successful mining industry was sacrificed

If it was successful, then why did it fail?

If your answer is "subsidies were removed" you don't get what makes a successful company.

this is a free market any company out there can put in new telephone lines if they wish to invest in the infrastucture but hang on a minute if you cant can a nationalized company to build it first then sell it off for peanuts it turns out its prohibitively expensive to do this but any company can do it if they want .

trains how exactly do you open up a track to the free market does every company own it or just one ahh i think i see a small problem with free market and infrastructure here i wonder why no one thought of this before it was sold ?
small question how would you suggest two operators run train on one track at the same time ? i haven't a clue either because if you don't let them compete its not a free market

sorry but nhs is being privatised you say some services but its a lot an the good thing here is these companies get to cherry pick the operations they want to do you know the easy ones the profitable ones hmmmmm i wonder whos going pick up the bill for the rest of the an who gets to sort out the mistakes the private companies make .well i bet i wont be that nasty nationalized heath service i'm sure a angelic free market company will save the day .

free market energy yep thats a nice earner too will build a nice new nuke for you a get all the money making electricitty for next 30 years and you can sort out the small problem of a toxic site clean up wonder who will foot that bill

this is a free market any company out there can put in new telephone lines if they wish to invest in the infrastucture but hang on a minute if you cant can a nationalized company to build it first then sell it off for peanuts it turns out its prohibitively expensive to do this but any company can do it if they want .

Can you re-write this so it doesn't read like gibberish.

BT are only allowed to touch the lines = no free market, in fact it's worse than either state or private, it takes the worst elements of each.

This country is obsessed with things being state run, preventing these services being properly privatised, instead conservatives only half privatise them, then everyone goes "SEE SEE IT DOESN'T WORK"

trains how exactly do you open up a track to the free market does every company own it or just one

Go ask Japan.

sorry but nhs is being privatised you say some services but its a lot

1. what % of the NHS is privatised.

2. what % was privatised 20 years ago

3. WHY THE **** SHOULD I CARE

France ranks no.1 in the WHO ranking, guess what, hospitals are private and healthcare is state funded.

Clearly we must avoid this model at all costs, the Tories are EVIL for trying to emulate it!

All hail the mighty NHS.

Sponsored Links
Back