Our never ending bathroom project [pics]

The deciding factor was the fact that the outside edge to the tray has a lip which the glass butts up to and I would've had to cut the shape out of two tiles for it to fit snug. We chose the less fidly option as neither of us really know what we are doing :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Woooohooo!!! Finished at last :LOL:

Unfortunately we drank the champagne after a moment of weakness one evening so we'll have to get some more!!!

BathroomStage7A.jpg

ShowerShot2.jpg

BathroomStage7B-1.jpg

Showershot.jpg

Well maybe not quite finished cos we just need to sort out the window instead of shoving cardboard up there each time we have a shower or bath - which incidentally fell down the first time I tried out the shower!!! You should've heard me! I shouted for my fella like I was being murdered à la Psycho

:LOL:

Looks superb. A really nice job.

It looks like a really arkwardly shaped room to work in too, so double well done :D

The chair could do with a lick of paint though ;)

RF Lighting said:
:LOL:

Looks superb. A really nice job.

It looks like a really arkwardly shaped room to work in too, so double well done :D

The chair could do with a lick of paint though ;)

Let's just say there wasn't a right angle in the entire room so we had to force things to fit :rolleyes: (I had to hide the spirit level from my OH.)

Don't dis my chair :mad: it's 'shabby chic' and I won't have anyone say any different!

Sponsored Links
Amanda, I love the New England style of your bathroom. That t & g matchboarding looks great. I've just bought some (not for a bathroom) which I'm planning to paint, but it's so full of knots I think I'll have to get a different type. I was wondering where you got yours - d'you remember the brand? Thanks.

Cheers Nick,

we got the t&g from Bee and Kew (...you know what I mean ;) ) and it was really good value - just £3.48 for a pack of 5 (but it wasn't the value stuff). It was a little knotty but we took a risk and didn't bother with knot sealant and just painted them with kitchen and bathroom paint with a sanding between coats and used caulk in any diverts.

Thank you Chat Noir...a fellow Cardiffian I see :D

amandaclegg said:
Cheers Nick,

we got the t&g from Bee and Kew (...you know what I mean ;) ) and it was really good value - just £3.48 for a pack of 5 (but it wasn't the value stuff).

Thanks for that, Amanda. Went out tonight and found the very stuff :).

hey Amanda, looks really good. A question for you though, what did you do with the floor, i looks like you just painted the floorboards? in some earlier pictures there looks like there are some gas between the boards, i later pictures these seem to be gone?

e

ewans said:
hey Amanda, looks really good. A question for you though, what did you do with the floor, i looks like you just painted the floorboards? in some earlier pictures there looks like there are some gas between the boards, i later pictures these seem to be gone?

e

looks like some one has taken the p (think about it)

:LOL: Breezer , I'm sure the p is not being taken!!!! Nor is there any gas between my boards :eek:

Hi Ewans,

we sealed the gaps using decorators caulk and painted over using Dulux Quick Drying Eggshell. Before everyone gasps in horror at this method, this does actually work ;) It drys to a tough yet flexible, rubbery seal and stays put...honest! It's back breaking tho and I got thru about 4 tubes!

We've used this method all through our landing and two bedrooms and none of the caulk has fallen in and is proving to be hard wearing after 3 years so I would recommend it.

Crikey! That's a grand job!

having recently gutted and renovated my own bathroom, I can appreciate the graft involved!

Top stuff. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back