outdoor flex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a rcd fuse spur in my garage, from the rcd fuse spur swa going to a wiska box at the other end of the garden, i want to put two post lights in the garden about 5 meters from the wiska box, can i flex out of the wiska box with flex or is it not allowed?n

there is nothing wired off the circuit just mentioned!

Sponsored Links
How will the cable be run from the WISKA box to the lights? buried, clipped to a fence? Just laying loose in the shrubbery?

Do you think you can use flex, or do you think the cable should be protected?

Sponsored Links
Do you think you can use flex, or do you think the cable should be protected?
Flex can be protected, just as can any other type of cable! In fact, I'm not quite sure what is the definition of 'flex' - SWA has multistranded cores and, in smaller sizes, is reasonably flexible!

... so I suppose it could easily be argued that the answer to the OP's question is 'yes', he theoretically can use 'flex' (I may be wrong, but I can't think of any reg which prohibits it), provided that it is adequately protected (but that it would be more conventional, and quite probably simpler, to use something else!).

Kind Regards, John.

"meaningless drivel"?

Maybe it seems that way to you, but not everybody is handicapped by such poor intelligence and comprehension skills as you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back