Outside Electrics

Don't know if I've made myself clear. It would be very visible but I was thinking about coming out of the ground then running it horizontally along the side edge of the concrete before going up the back of the kennel in to the area for the socket etc. The concrete is about 20cm high.
Don't know if regs permit this.

Sponsored Links
I don't see a problem with that. It's going to be visible so the chance of damage is minimal.

RF Lighting said:
I don't see a problem with that. It's going to be visible so the chance of damage is minimal.

Not so sure about that.....just because it can be clearly seen doesn't mean it is indestructable. Depends on what happens in the area that could damage the cable.

Sponsored Links
If you have a good bick drill you can drill diagonally through the concrete base so it comes up through the floor and goes in through the side (or underneath if it is shallow). I have a comms cable coming through my garage slab like that as it is for the security system so not visible or accessible.

I can't go diagonally because the length of the concrete base is about 14 feet.

The area that it would be fixed to the base is between the side of the kennel and the boundary hedge. There is no reason for anyone to go down the side other than to cut the hedge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back