Outside LED Bulkhead Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

I have recent moved into a new build and outside the front door I have a security light fitted to entrance canopy. Ive never really used it until recently when someone's tried to get in our cars and houses at 4am! Unfortunately i had set up my door bell camera to be slightly delayed as well so that meant he was walking away before it triggered motion! (that's been changed now!)

In terms of this light, i have an issue where it picks us up inside the house at the base of the stairs. We have a frosted glass panel in the door. I took the light apart last night to adjust the sensitivity. However after googling the microwave switch(looks the same) the sensitivity is only related to the distance, and even on the lowest setting it will still trigger. There is a white "dome" which im assuming is the detector, which offers 360 degree coverage.

Can i somehow cover the rear of this dome omitting the door (something like a sliver of electrical tape) or are there microwave switches which will only do like 270 degree coverage allowing my frosted glass to be a blind spot.

I cant really change the whole light yet due to warranty etc, but obviously changing the switch is harder to tell than the whole light.

Switch is almost the same as a SK-807K DC.

Thanks

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
I should think you can cover part of the Dome so only the outward facing surface detects movement

Covering the dome used to work with PIR detectors (Infra red), would that work with Microwave? I dont know

Sponsored Links
If it can 'see' through the frosted panel of the door then it isn't a PIR - it must be microwave.

If its microwave then covering it with tape won't work either.... if it can see thru the door then....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back