Outside lig Pir wiring please help!

yeah tried it with a "normal" bulb but the same result and I went outside and covered the sensor with a cloth and still it stayed on :eek:

Sponsored Links
Swap the browns that connect to the bottom of the connector block (as shown in the picture) around as i suspect they have been wired the wrong way round at the factory. Having studied the picture carefully i would be willing to bet money that swapping the browns will fix your problem. I also agree that you need to terminate the incoming supply alot neater than it was.

Let us know how you get on.

All the best
Dan

well that sounds like a trier, whats the worst that could happen a blown fuse :eek:
I have fitted this light to it position several times and the wiring is just a temp postion once the light is in a working condition the wires ect will be clipped and made more safe and I will be tucking the earth away in an connector with a yellow sheath so it can be identified easily.
cheers fellas

Sponsored Links
ok, its too dark now to do anything but if I get home from work tomorrow while its light I`ll crack on with that and let you know:cool:

Swap the browns that connect to the bottom of the connector block (as shown in the picture) around as i suspect they have been wired the wrong way round at the factory.

One of the browns is the sensor supply the other brown is the lampholder supply , if you reverse them the lamp will be permanently on.

The same as when you earlier put the supply in with the brown/red.

The red and brown to the senser would be more likely wrong way round, but that is unlikely as brown and blue are standard colous for the supply

flingsparks
I do see your point this also concerned me the fact that it could just be cut back hanging if you will, would you think it might be good practise to connect it to connector and tape it back?

The idea of terminating it into a connecter is so if someone comes and connects a new light fitting in the future which does require an earth it is there are obvious. It saves someone who doesnt really understand electricity from not connecting the earth because 'its not there', or cut back.. It is just good practice (and how all us sparkys do it) to do it this way! ;)

The instructions imply (in German) that the fitting can be used with upto 13 watt low energy lamp.

I know Rockys already mentioned this, but check that the timer is set to the lowest (then it should go off immediately it goes on). On mine(not the same as yours), one fifth of a turn of the screw increases the time from 20 secs to over three minutes. And several turns would have kept it on for hours. I had so much fun working out why it wouldn't turn off when I was setting it up!

right tried changing the browns over and yes you guessed it still on all the time, the light is now in the bin and I will purchase another and fit it at the weekend when I have abit of daylight to play with.
thank you all for your advise its all been very helpful especially terminating the earth and not cutting it back its all common sense really isn`t it. :LOL: I will post a pic once the new light is up and running

update:
sorry for the delay been busy....
here is the new light works fine just go to plant the hedge behind it.
thanks for all the advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back