Outside tap not on straight

EliteHeat said:
Get some loctite 55 - about £3 - allows a complete back turn when fully tight without leaking - yay!
£3 where do ya get yours from :oops:

Sponsored Links
I know this is a very old thread but in case someone is looking for the right answer then you need one of these: then you don't need all that messing around with tape etc.
20230822_164351.jpg

Sponsored Links
This is good stuff and not as expensive as Locktight.

Past on so that tao is straight. Can be still loose. Give 5 mins and it will be watertight and will not move

Todays Tools That Rapid Blue Stuff Anaerobic Sealant 250ml Bottle https://amzn.eu/d/56xPR9m

Last edited:
Has Bosswhite been improved? I thought at one time you had to use hemp with it, and with hemp it was no good for gas, as porous.
No idea, tbh I only looked it up as I thought you couldn’t use boss white on potable water (seems TP website could be inaccurate), we used to use boss green for this purpose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back