outside tap query?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
howdy all,
my mam wants me to put a tap outsideski and i was wondering when i tee into the mains will any subsequent water loss and air that enters the pipewwork effect the combiboiler(glowworm summat or other),...ie will it effect the system pressure or anything else?should i just turn the tap on as normal to flush the air,swarf,flux...etc or is ther something else that i should do after completion.sorry to sound a bit thick but im unsure...better to be safe than...an all that.i dont want to b***%£$s anything up cos mi pap weynt be too pleased.thanks :) ;)

Sponsored Links
You can (if competent) put a tap outside without any loss of pressure to your boiler :D

Whether you notice the pressure drop in the house when the outside tap's on depends on you mains pressure/flow.
You will need an isolating cock and double check valve.

thanks bahco and chris r.i just wanted to make sure before i start getting the chain..sorry i meant hacksaw out :D ;)

Sponsored Links
isolation and drain point at lowest level to prevent bursts

Fit an isolating valve inside the house and put a drain valve on your outside pipework to drain it in the winter or Jack Frost will pay your tap a visit. :D

isolation inside bs1010 stopcoock drill thru wall drop pipe into backplate elbow fit bibcock with integral non return valve.isolate inside open bibcock no water equals no burst pipe simple really :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back