Outside tap, supply from existing Washing Machine supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am trying to install an external tap for use in garden and i need your help :)

Please see the image
gardentap.jpg

My washing machine and dishwasher are connected to individual valves (i am not sure of the sizes, but seem standard). I wish to take out another supply to the garden by drilling through the wall.

I intend to use push fit fittings for the extension.

My only worry is now, how to make arrangement to provide me another supply point.

I have looked at B&Q instore and Screwfix catalogues, but cannot find anything that can split one supply.

What are my cheap options ?

I hope I am clear

Thanks, Tomkin

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

To be more precise, I have got this supplying to both my washing machine and dishwasher. What do i need to fit there to be able to use pushfit tee

if you want to come off the same valve as the wm then you'll need this.

81426.jpg

have you already got a tap kit ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. This is what i was looking for where else can i get it. Do screwfix do these. What is it exactly called.

And one more thing. I can use one of these
p1053679_l.jpg
to take the extension outside.

What size of pipe do i need and what size drill do i need ?

No i dont have the tap kit.
Thanks again

are you planning on using the same valve as the wm or have a seperate supply to the tap with its own valve ?

if you want to use the same valve then you'll need the y connector that i showed you so you can reconnect your wm back on.

Thanks matey.
What size of pipe do i need and what size drill do i need ?

depends what kit you use.

some come with a wm pipe that you can screw straight onto the y connector and the other end to the tap

or if you plan on use copper pipe then you'll need a 15 x 3/4" one of them connectors you showed me to screw on the y connector to take the pipe.

not the way i would do it personally.
as you can't isolate the tap in winter without isolating the wm aswell.

What I intend to do it supply WM and DW from the same valve and from another valve (which will act as isolating valve) connect the outside tap.

I plan to use
p1053679_l.jpg

and i feel i need 15mm pipe. All i am wondering is what drill to use to take the pipe outside

yes you can do it that way.
use the connector you said a 15mm x 3/4"
then if your using 15mm plastic or copper use a 18mm sds masonary drill about 450mm long to go through both walls..

Thanks matey. Almost done.

Will 15 mm be ok for pressure and stuff or i need to upgrade.

lol :) :) Thats what I am worried about.

So what should i do ?

Edit:

Sorry did not see the link before. How do i connect this then, buying 50m pipe does not look worht any more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back