Outward opening doors? Nah!

Oh Ellal, that's hilarious!
Tell that to the numerous people who have died when trying to get out of places such as a night club when a stampede comes up against an inward opening door...

Still find it hilarious?

Plus you could also think about the fact that outward opening doors are better at keeping out the weather, especially heavy rain as the lip is over the threshold...

Ask yourself (as mottie has said), why most sheds (of whatever sex they may be) have outward opening doors.

Sponsored Links
This topic was intended to be light-hearted and I genuinely enjoyed reading your comments. I just thought the idea of giving consideration to the possibility of an earthquake in Norfolk, England, well... funny! I apologise if I've caused offence.

This topic was intended to be light-hearted and I genuinely enjoyed reading your comments. I just thought the idea of giving consideration to the possibility of an earthquake in Norfolk, England, well... funny! I apologise if I've caused offence.

Dont worry. Elle could turn a play group into a horror film.

I think he's a bit in the head.

Also, my wife doesn't intend to use her 2.5m x 3.5m she-shed as a night club. There could potentially be a stampede of... two, if a wasp goes after the scones and jam!!

Sponsored Links
Well here's a funny story for you...

I broke my leg many years ago in a nordic country...

Came out of a shop which had an outward opening door onto a slim pavement, and being English and used to inward opening doors then stepped out further than expected and the ankle went sideways on the pavement curb...

The surgeon who did my op had a good laugh when saying it wasn't the first time he'd come across the same thing!

Well Ellal, for what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been a very painful experience.

Well Ellal, for what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been a very painful experience.

But the fact is, you wasn't making lite of earthquake and the horror of it.

I think there has been two recently.

Very very lucky we are in this country, it's very rare that we have extreme weather or earthquakes.

I'm sure Elle didn't mean anything, he just gets on the defensive sometimes most of the time.

Come on guys! Back me up! Pleeeeeze!
If you haven't learned "happy wife, happy life" by now there is probably no saving you

Fit a stay catch so the door can be opened and held open; problem solved. I agree with her; opening a door into a small space is a dumb idea

Sliders happy medium?
Don't try to change it, just give her what she wants. If she wants to change it later, just give her what she then wants.

You guys will go far in life, not finding ways to make your women feel like you always know better

being English and used to inward opening doors
Not on publicly accessible buildings; they open out or slide for safety reasons in mass-exit events

Last edited:
IMG-20240405-WA0000.jpg

Thanks for getting the vibe back on track guys! Looks as if we might have settled on a sliding patio door!
All comments appreciated! Well, almost all... Ha! ;)

Thanks for getting the vibe back on track guys! Looks as if we might have settled on a sliding patio door!
All comments appreciated! Well, almost all... Ha! ;)
Top hung slider or bottom hung slider

Off we go again :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back